Pip delay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip delay

fibropip1
fibropip1 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I had my pip face to face assessment in October 2019, I got a message a couple of weeks after saying dwp had received the notes from assessor, it’s now 9 month later and I still haven’t heard anything from dwp, is this normal, I know they are busy but it seems a bit long

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,585 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No, this isn't normal.  The waiting times for an assessment can take a while, but getting the results of an assessment shouldn't take anywhere near that long.  The guide time is 2-8 weeks and although that isn't set in stone, I'd suggest there's definitely an error somewhere if you haven't heard after 9 months.  I think you'll have to contact them to see what's happening with your claim.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Have you rang DWP to ask what's going on? That timescale isn't normal and if you haven't rang then i'd advise you to do that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fibropip1
    Thanks for your reply’s, I rang them a few weeks ago but was just told well we have been busy with what’s going on at the moment, and you will hear from us, but even with covid it would of still been 5 month from October, I thought I would give them a few more weeks but still nothing 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't think Covid19 is too blame because your assessment was last year. If it was me then i'd contact my local MP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fibropip1
    That’s what I thought when they mentioned Covid I thought it’s just an excuse  they must of missed my records and would look into it cos I rang but like I say nothing, thanks for reply I think I just needed a bit of a push to ring them again, I will do today 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @fibropip1! Sorry to hear you have waited so long! 
    Scope

• fibropip1
    Thank you,I’m sick of worrying about it now, I’m really anxious about ringing them again, but looks like I’ll have to now to put my mind at ease 
  • Butler356
    Butler356 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    If you decide to ring DWP apparently Tuesday - Fridays around 10 am is a good time to ring, forget Mondays!
  • fibropip1
    Ah thank you for that, last time it took ages to get through
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Wow even under current circumstances that is a long wait. hope you wet to find something out soon. Keep us updated
  • fibropip1
    I will do, I wish I had came on here before now instead of waiting so long
  • fibropip1
    Hi thanks for everyone’s replies last time, sorry it’s been a while I finally rang dwp and they said my file hadn’t been picked up since the assessor had sent them it, I was put on to someone who said they couldn’t understand how it had been missed and would sort it out straight away, a week later I got the good news I got daily enhanced, hopefully I can relax a bit now
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fibropip1 - thank you for the great update, & I hope you are able to relax now after such a long wait. Glad you got it sorted, & congratulations. :)
  • fibropip1

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.