How long to fill out a 40 page document — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to fill out a 40 page document

Butler356
Butler356 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
My husband has filed out my PIP form and its now on its way to DWP. fingers crossed for a result for this. It took him best part of 10 hours, which had this form been available on line I could have done some of it myself over time.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It usually takes me a long time to fill them out too. I usually do it over a few days, this way it doesn't seem like such a drag. Good luck with your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Butler356
    Butler356 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    were you successful ? I think the form does not take into account that some of us are unable to hand write any more. It would help others to have this form online.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes never had any problems, same with my daughter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi , I agree you would think there was some online facility, the DWP are really behind the times with some of their communication channels, everything has to be dome by phone or forms which makes it hars for some people

I hope you claim is succesful
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Butler356 I always take my time, i look at the bits that I don't have to fill in then maybe do two pages of the rest each day, then I photo copy everything and get proof of posting from the post office.
    good luck.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming đź’ˇ

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Butler356 - I now have difficulty with handwriting due to permanent damage to my right arm & hand a long time ago, with resulting further problems years later. I did ask for more time, as my son was coming around writing this up for me, he even took this to work with him somedays as he was then self-employed. On a positive note, he sometimes rang me up from work saying, is there a better way to describe the problems you have for some of the activities?
    So, yes, it's probably better to take time over completing the form, & altho I would have wished my son didn't realise how badly my disorder affected me, he helped me in trying to convey this.
    As @woodbine says, do make a photocopy of the form, & any other evidence, & get a Certificate of Posting, which I hope you've done.
    My best wishes for a successful claim. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.