carers allowence? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

carers allowence?

nightwars
nightwars Community member Posts: 12 Listener
im 27 and have pip and esa, can i move into sheltereed/assisted living or if i move with my boyfriend can he get carers allowence?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community glad you have joined us.

If you move in with your boyfriend it would depend on circumstances if he could claim carers allowance eg does he care for you for at least 35 hours a week, does he work if so are his earnings below the permitted amount

If you are on any means tested benefits moving in together could also affect these and you would claim as a couple

I suggest you go through benefits calculator and enter all your detauls to see what you can claim

As for moving into sheltered housing I am not too sure but other members will be able yo advise more
  • nightwars
    nightwars Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    he works fulltime on night shifts
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Been sat waiting waiting on phone for DWP to answer been an hour already grrrrrrrrr xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If he works full time then he wont be able to claim carers allowance for you, and also his income could affect your ESA depends what type of ESA you get, it will not however affect your PIP.

As suggested use the benefits calculator on the gov website to enter both your details 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

No he won't be able to claim carers allowance for looking after you because he works full time.

As mentioned in your other thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/73113/moving-info#latest you'll need to speak to DWP to ask exactly what ESA you're claiming because if all of it is Income Related then this will end when you mive in with your partner.

Whether you'll be able to claim Universal Credit as a couple will depend on your partners earnings.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.