Not happy - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not happy

Options
2»

Comments

• ChloeHibbert
    ChloeHibbert Community member Posts: 47 Listener
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks for your reply. From what @chiarieds is saying my doctor is not saying I’ve got them? Off that letter I’m confused. ...
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    I’m sorry to hear your friend said that some people can be really rude and not think what they say or there just plain rude . If he was a good friend he would be happy that you received pip and not be negative . Hope your feeling better now . 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Options
    If you have learning difficulties + AHD & autism (which I wasn't aware of, sorry), then they are not in dispute. It just seemed to me (& I did say I could be wrong), that your doctor had been asked about your problems, & my understanding from what you have said before was that you had learning difficulties. I certainly had not read anything in your posts to suggest you had a visual or hearing disorder.
    I've also tried to help you a lot in the past so very disappointed my post has been marked as spam. This may not be yourself; if it is I would kindly ask you to click on the 'Spam' button to remove this.
    [Removed by moderator]
    It really is time Scope either removed the 'Spam' button, or removed unfounded spams.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @poppy123456 thanks for your reply. From what @chiarieds is saying my doctor is not saying I’ve got them? Off that letter I’m confused. ...

That's not what chiareds is saying here and i think you've blown this out of proportion. I'm still not even sure the reason why you asked what it means, that part still confuses me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    @chiarieds im sorry you was getting rude stuff posted on your wall you have always been nice and helpful so has every one so I don’t understand that . I’m not sure what the spam is I’m guessing people are just using it because they don’t agree . I have noticed that over this week there has been some threads turn negative and argumentative because they don’t want to be told other people’s opinions . I have personally gone threw hell these last few years since joining this forum I feel welcomed and I’m so greatful for advice . Every one on here is fighting a daily battle we are on here to show and receive surport so I’m sad to see that people are getting rude comments . You have been so amazing and kind . @poppy123456 I’m so greatful for your advice to do with pip I’m Really thankful and @janer1967 Thank you so much for your employerment tribunal insight as well that was so helpful , And thank you to every one on here
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 thank you for your kind words I am glad you have found my help supportive that's what I am here for and it's nice to see it is appreciated 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you @cupcake88 - Your kind words are very much appreciated. If someone doesn't like what you say, they can report it as 'spam.' As you've guessed, it's because they presumably don't agree with what you've said. It's unpleasant when someone does so without reason, & I got 2 within 2-3 hours yesterday evening. If anyone has a concern with a comment they should report it to the Scope team instead. You can however flag a post as 'spam' or click to 'report' it. I'm not very happy about this 'spam' feature, which seems open to abuse.
    Myself, poppy123456, janer1967, mikehughesesq, & many others, are here because helping others with a disability matters to us; it's disheartening when this is wrongly perceived, yet still we try.
    We do know who is doing this, & apologies for derailing this post.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 thank you for those kinds words, it's lovely when members appreciate the time we spend on here. Sadly, there will always be some members who think otherwise.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @ChloeHibbert. Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. Without seeing the letter it's difficult to know what was intended by that bit of text as I feel the formatting would be important here and potentially change the sentence. 

To me it reads that this first part "I. e visual hearing, impairment, learning difficulties." was giving an example of the communication and learning needs it is discussing and the second part "Autism, Adhd illiteracy or difficulties of this nature." is what your doctor has filled in to say are some of your conditions. 

I hope you're feeling a bit better today and that you and your friend have managed to smooth things over.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I've removed a few posts from this thread and will be emailing members to discuss.

I also wanted to add: we are aware that the spam function is being used incorrectly and are looking into what can be done about it. Unfortunately we currently have no way of removing unwarranted spam reports but are working on a solution as I know how upsetting it can be.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ChloeHibbert
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope it’s ok. good morning hun and thanks for getting back to me. I contacted the surgery up and they said they are you conditions that’s what it means. as I was worried as it said I.E but they said I’ve nothing to worry about. PIP have received that and are happy with it anyway. wonder when F2F assessments will ever go a head? not that I need one but I am just curious. can’t see it being for a while! 
  • ChloeHibbert
    Options
    @Username_removed I contacted my surgery up this morning and they said they are my conditions. as I thought it sounded like they was giving examples ..... but they said no it means the conditions you have otherwise they wouldn’t be showing on your paperwork. 
  • depressedmum09
    depressedmum09 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Options
    @ChloeHibbert
    It sounds like your friend who suffers depression is maybe reflecting his low moods onto you because he didnt get PIP. I suffer with depression, generalised anxiety disorder and Biplor Type 1, I also have borderline personality disorder (what a mix). I was diagnosed with depression  and anxiety years ago and was receiving antidepressants and therapy, however, I was still able to work at that point as it didnt really affect my life too much. My condition got worse over the years and I was dianosed with bipolar. This was likely triggered by the awful way I lost my mum to cancer. Ive never been able to work since because my moods are too unstable. Just because I have bipolar doesnt mean I cant ever work, I have a friend who is a geography teacher in a mainstream school who also has bipolar and she works everyday. Everyone is different, just because your friend has depression doesnt neccessarily mean he will be entitled to PIP, your condition effects your daily life so you are entitled to the help, maybe that isnt the case for him. Try not let his decision get you down.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.