Magic superseding Science? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Magic superseding Science?

Topkitten
Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
I figure that this must be a new process for my local hospital and must also be fairly recent.

4 or 5 weeks ago I went to A&E with new issues as well as my ongoing ones. I got a junior doctor to assess me and she didn't listen when I asked not to put pressure on my right shin because the ongoing spinal issue has damaged the nerves so much over the last 15 years that now they report massive pain when touched. Having decided my diagnosis must be wrong because it was "spontaneous neuropathy" she asked who it was who told me the wrong diagnosis/ I told her it was her boss, the Senior Consultant and head of Orthopedics. Glossing swiftly over that she then decided I didn't have much of an issue with my neck, at which point I reminded that it is a pressure problem and testing me lying down and without being on my feet for a few hours would have obviated any problem anyway. She walked off in a huff.

A couple of weeks back I had to go to A&E again because I fell off mu bed backwards and landed on my skull/ I may have blacked out briefly so they went to town on precautions which culminated in an x-ray (CT scan) of my neck. No fractures but it did show that I have a new issue. Already having a rupture fused and a second needing surgery (which I'm not allowed as a Senior Consultant made a mistake and then the department mad a second mistake covering it up) it also seems that I now have a second untreated rupture in my neck. After an argument with a nurse who insisted it was part of my lower back problem (it isn't because that type of damage doesn't show up on an x-ray (too subtle). However, I was refused access to Orthopedics to discuss the problem and a referral has been refused.

I assume as the science shows one thing but the doctors know different and know it doesn't need investigation that they are using some sort of new thuergy to divine instant inspiration and results. I would be curious what type of magic it actually is because last time I checked they were supposed to be using scientific procedures. It might be helpful to know so that I can ask them to use the same sort of magic to repair the damage.

Meanwhile, at home, I am getting more and more issues with using the bed to sleep in rather than sleeping on the recliner and every morning is becoming more and more of a nightmare with pain and lack of hand and arm control. I will have to continue this as the people who manufactured the chair have threatened me that if the same problem happens again they will not cover the replacement a second time.I find this rather curious as they define the problem as a "manufacturing fault"/ With the major problems I have had trying to manage with the chair broken I cannot cope with losing use of it again so will have to be careful and that means using the problematic bed more often. I wonder if the chair people also use magic to figure their problems out?

Today is a bad day, pain, issues, problems all getting too much and when added to the support that was taken away and not replaced it's all getting far, far too much to cope with. I'll see how the day goes but if it goes downhill (like most days) then I might not be around tomorrow. No point ringing anyone like the Crisis Team as they have assessed me 4 times as being someone else's problem and don't want to know.

TK
"I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Topkitten Sorry you are having a bad day and are in pain.

It seems like everything is getting on top of you and you should try and speak to somebody, have you tried the scope helpline Phone
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Topkitten, sorry to hear how youre feeling today, as janer1967 says perhaps you should try to talk it over with someone today. Best wishes.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Topkitten
    I am sort of used to the pain but since I last put the strapping it hasn't settled down. Instead of a day or so settling it's been 5 days. Added to that I got some forms through this morning to assess whether I can afford to pay for the support I don't get and neither the Care Company or Social Care seem to be getting on with it. I also got a letter about my pension. My retirement is just over 2 years away and this Covid c**p has shaved thousands off the total and it's unlikely to recover in so short a time, so I'm back where I was 3 years ago.

People keep telling me I should talk...... I have done nothing but talk, for years and years and until I'm blue in the face. Yet still I cannot get these stupid people to listen and constantly repeating the same hings over and over to people who either cannot or will not help is more depressing than not talking at all.

I need surgery but they wont even assess me because they are still covering a senior consultants mistake.
    I need to move but the process is impossible for me to follow and my housing officer would rather ring me and tell me I'm wasting their time than doing something about it.
    The care isn't as important as the others but when the woman deciding what to write on the assessment sheets doesn't speak or comprehend English, what chance do I have of getting the right help. If she wasn't so lazy she'd be back at work.

All these could be helped with by my gp nut they wont even support my condition sufficiently let alone put any effort into helping with the other stuff.

All this lot have been complained and complained again about, over and over until I'm sick of writing complaints especially when everyone including my MP h#just ignores them or dumps them into the "waiting" section (read Bin for waiting).

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Topkitten
    I have been struggling all week with suicidal thoughts but it's all come to a head. I was hoping that watching the Grand Prix would cheer me up but the last minute disasters reminded me of my own. I woke up this morning having knocked myself out yesterday just trying to shower and when I finally woke up my arms were pretty much useless all morning. The hospital know I have a new problem but still refuse to investigate and I cannot go on the way I have been. I haven't eaten at all today because of my arms, was as much as I could do to make a few coffees.

Supposedly a Social Worker is getting me some help and I have also talked to some lady who also supposedly runs a care company. I figured to begin with it might be genuine because Reablement pulled out like they had spoken to Social Care but now I am wondering. I have received some official looking forms wanting to know my financial situation but no care is yet in place. In fact the Social hasn't visited and written up a Care Plan. I am supposed to read it and sign it before care can be put in place. I think now that maybe it's a con to get my financial details. I've already had my details pinched about a year ago and I'm not going through that again.

I know I am diagnosed as Paranoid but just because I am Paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me, does it?

Anyway, I've had enough and have started doing something about it. I've called the 111 service and let them know but I doubt that will do anything and even if they do all they can sort is an ambulance and I am not going to A&E considering how badly they treated me last time.

Nothing more to say really..........

TK
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Topkitten

How are you today? Did the 111 service do anything about the situation? 

You are a big part of this online community and you are always valued by the moderation team and the other users, we appreciate your insights so much and I'm so sorry about the difficulties you're going through.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Topkitten
    No @Ross_Scope, they sent a 2 hour ambulance which took 5 hours to arrive by which time it was too late anyway, I sent it away.

TK
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    @Topkitten

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you find out why they took so long? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Topkitten
    They always say it's because they are busy. Longest wait I have had was almost 15 hours.

TK

Brightness