Assistance with Gmail, please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assistance with Gmail, please

Options
Oxonlady
Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
Is there anyone out there who can advise me on Gmail, please? How do I send video attachments? I can send photos with emails from my Android phone but it refuses to send video clips. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi @Oxonlady I don’t know about android but I just googled 
    how to send a video on gmail using android’ 
    And had plenty of articles telling you how.
    hope this helps.?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Oxonlady
    Options
    Thank you, LeeCal. I also Googled for advice on this but none of the instructions have worked! 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you’ve tried sending the video as an attachment and that doesn’t work then perhaps the video is too long? Ie too big a file? I don’t know about android.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Oxonlady
    Options
    Thank you anyway, LeeCal. Yes, I've already experimented, the length of the video appears to be irrelevant. I'll keep trying! 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi @Oxonlady
    Did you manage to send your video?  If not, let me know and I'll try and help!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Oxonlady
    Options
    Hi Cher_Scope, I'm afraid Gmail refuses all my instructions regarding sending video clips!
    Any assistance would be much appreciated. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    No worries! Is it coming up with a particular error message?  

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Oxonlady
    Options
    Hi, no, no message at all, as if it's totally turning a blind eye to any request to attach video clips, though it will send photos from my Gallery. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Oxonlady - I use Gmail & have an android phone (which I'm not very good with!), but prefer using my computer. Do you have a desktop computer or laptop? :)

• Cher_Alumni
    Options
    Hmm technology eh! This google article might help you https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6584?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en It gives you two ways to attach a file and says there is a 20mb size limit on video files, so that might be your problem?

• Oxonlady
    Options
    Hi Chiareids, I don't use my laptop much, I don't even know how to transfer my photos onto it from my mobile. 
    I use my phone for everything. Would prefer it if I could find a way to attach videos to emails with my phone. 

My friend has an iPhone and she has no problems with this. 
  • Oxonlady
    Options
    Hi Cher_Scope, will try your suggestion. Thank you. 

Size is immaterial, I've experimented with the smallest video clip, it's the instruction that's being ignored! 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry, then I can't help. I send things to 'Drive' which is Gmail's cloud storage, download to my computer, then attach to Gmail, & send. It sounds complicated, but doesn't take long.
    I hope you get it sorted. If you get completely stuck, I could tell you how to do the above. :)
  • Oxonlady
    Options

Brightness