Mandatory reconsideration heartache - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration heartache

Options
124»

Comments

• Naughtynan
    Naughtynan Community member Posts: 87 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you, I just seen the lcwra element has been added to my next payment, I'm so relieved. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Delighted to just read your news @Naughtynan - Congratulations, & yes it does give people hope, thank you. :)
  • Naughtynan
    edited July 2020
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Delighted to just read your news @Naughtynan - Congratulations, & yes it does give people hope, thank you. :)
    Thanks, I received the decision letter today too but I'm glad they told me the decision on the day. ?
    To anyone's that waiting don't give up, fight. ?
  • Naughtynan
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi hope everyone is well. I got a letter attached on my journal this morning regarding my back payment. I'm of course very relieved but I'm concerned as I think they have overpaid me as much as double to what I expected to receive in back payments. I think perhaps its due to the severe disability premiums that I received while on LCW. What shall I do? I really don't want to be overpaid. Should I call them or write on my journal and how should I word it, please help. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi I would call them then you will get a full explanation and it is always easier to get everything across by speaking rather than message . Also may be delay in response in your journal however why not do both if you put payment query as category I think it goes direct to your case manager 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     think perhaps its due to the severe disability premiums that I received while on LCW. What shall I do? I really don't want to be overpaid. Should I call them or write on my journal and how should I word it, please help. 

Were you claiming ESA previously to claiming UC? the severe disability premiums isn't paid when claiming UC. There is a transitional support protection payment in place for those that were made to claim UC and were previously claiming the SDP in with another benefit.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Naughtynan
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi I would call them then you will get a full explanation and it is always easier to get everything across by speaking rather than message . Also may be delay in response in your journal however why not do both if you put payment query as category I think it goes direct to your case manager 
    Thank you Janer1967 they said in top of their message if asked to call don't call just leave message on journal. Maybe, because of staffing issue. 
  • Naughtynan
    Options
     think perhaps its due to the severe disability premiums that I received while on LCW. What shall I do? I really don't want to be overpaid. Should I call them or write on my journal and how should I word it, please help. 

Were you claiming ESA previously to claiming UC? the severe disability premiums isn't paid when claiming UC. There is a transitional support protection payment in place for those that were made to claim UC and were previously claiming the SDP in with another benefit.
    Thanks poppy. I was on income support and then moved, to universal credit. They calculated the SDP without me applying for it nd I got 285 pounds a month extra as I was on LCW. I think it wasn't taken into consideration and I've been overpaid.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ah yes, that sounds like it could be that. Although without knowing how many months backpay you were owed then it's difficult to give any advice. I can't remember how long you waited.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Naughtynan
    Options
    16 months Poppy. I think I better let them know. I thought they take that into consideration. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I make that approx £5,400. Did you include the 3 month waiting period in with that amount?

Taking into account the difference between the £285 protection for the SDP and the lower amount of £120, which is what should be paid, if you claim the LCWRA then i work it out as £2,640 backdated money (approximately) of course this is only providing you calculated the "waiting period" for the LCWRA.
  • Naughtynan
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I make that approx £5,400. Did you include the 3 month waiting period in with that amount?

Taking into account the difference between the £285 protection for the SDP and the lower amount of £120, which is what should be paid, if you claim the LCWRA then i work it out as £2,640 backdated money (approximately) of course this is only providing you calculated the "waiting period" for the LCWRA.
    I agree with your calculation too Poppy. Thank you for doing this?. The extra lcwra payments is now showing from April 2019 and my fit notes started months before that. I did call them and was told to leave a note on my journal which now I've done just briefly explaining I think it's over payment. I don't want the wrong money. 
  • Naughtynan
    Options
    Oh just seen its already been credited into my account, that was quick.
    My bank balance is, now over £6000 as, my rent hasn't, been taken yet. Should, I be worried it will affect my benefits? 
  • Naughtynan
    Options
    Oh just seen its already been credited into my account, that was quick.
    My bank balance is, now over £6000 as, my rent hasn't, been taken yet. Should, I be worried it will affect my benefits? 
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Backdated money is disregarded for 1 year for all means tested benefits.
  • Naughtynan
    Options
    That's good to hear, thanks again Poppy, although I think some has to be refunded back to dwp. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.