Update on PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update on PIP

CT1
CT1 Community member Posts: 28 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all just an update on my Pip. As the people will know that have seen/read my posts I won my appeal and have constantly been in touch with both the HMCTS and the dwp. Finally I got my corrected notice back from the HMCTS after 3weeks so I contacted the dwp 2/3 days later to see if they had received it and asked what I should do next. The first person I spoke to at the dwp told me that nothing was showing on his screen and that i needed to allow 5 weeks/28 days +1week. I then rang again the next day and was told they had all the relevant paperwork/documentation and all that was needed now was for someone to act upon it. I was then told to give them 2 weeks and if I haven't heard anything to call them back. Later that day I got a call from an 0800 number but I missed the call so I then googled it to find out it was a dwp number that is apparantely allocated to someone working from home with the dwp. I then contacted the dwp again on the PIP number to see if it was them and they couldn't inform me of anyone trying to ring me from such a number. Will be on the phone again Monday to see if I can be enlightened and also to find out when I will actually get a letter from them stating what and when I will receive my payments. 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CT1 It sounds like you have had a frustrating time of it.  Let us know how you get on after calling them tomorrow.  I have my fingers crossed that you will be clearer about it all. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • CT1
    Oh I have Cher. Its only been goin on since Nov 2018. Am hoping tomorrow I can get some clarification from them. I have seen elsewhere that apparantely they ring you to get your bank details. Can't see why this is so as they already have them. However if they do do that then at least I may end up getting a date as to when I will receive what is owing and also what I'm meant to get 4 weekly. I will keep the forum updated and thanks. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    It's a standard thing to ring after a Tribunal win to ask about bank details and whether you've been in hospital anytime since the start of your PIP award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CT1
    That's nice to know poppy123456. I had a phone call from a 0800 number on Friday but I missed it. I ended up googling it and found out it was a dwp worker that's works from home but when I tried ringing it back I couldn't get through to anyone. It just said they will try to contact me again so am hoping that will be tomorrow. The pip number I have in my phone for the dwp couldn't tell me if anyone had tried to ring. 
  • Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    So you got it yeah? So why do you need to contact them again?
  • CT1
    I got awarded it by the tribunal but I haven't heard anything from the dwp so that's why I need to contact them again. 
  • Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi

Well done for your win, it is quite normal to get a call for bank details before they make a payment just to check they have all the details correct. It isnt usually very long after that you get your money.

Fingers crossed you get something sorted soon
  • CT1
    Thanks janer1967. I don't suppose u know the answer to this do u. Have heard it can take 6 to 8weeks to get ur payment but do u know if that is 6 to 8weeks from the date they got the original decision notice or 6 to 8weeks after they got the corrected notice? 
  • janer1967
    Timescales are only a guide so dont pay too much attention 

I it all depends on the workload of your case manager but having had missed call is positive 

I waited 6 weeks after my win to call and spoke to my case manager who got the payment authorised that day and I got it next day 
  • CT1
    OK. Mine is 6weeks today from the date the dwp got the original notice decision but over 7weeks since the actual tribunal date. How do u find out who ur case manager is please? 
  • janer1967
    Ring DWP and ask to be put through to them sometimes they request them to call back though if they are not available 
  • CT1
    OK janer1967 thank you. 
  • CT1
    Sorry janer1967 but do u know if it is the 6 to 8weeks from the original decision notice or the corrected decision notice? Just be nice to get all the facts before I get on the phone to them. 
  • poppy123456
    Most likely from when it was returned back to DWP. Although as janer has advised, the timescales is just a guide and no one can tell you exactly how long it will take. All you can do is ring DWP again because they are the only ones that can tell you anything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • CT1
    OK thanks poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    No problem.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Let us know how it goes @CT1!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • CT1
    I will keep the platform informed. Am waiting on a phone call tomorrow from the case manager

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.