Pip Quick question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Quick question

cupcake88
cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
Hiya Every one if I requested my report on Friday just gone  is there a good chance ill receive it on Monday tomorrow  or are they slow to post out things am I most likely to receive my decision before my report ha . Also I know this sounds stupid but my partner is on late shifts next week I usually get my post like lunch time I,m going to just open it and then go threw it my self but I need some support to open it so Ill come on here while I open the letter I know it sounds daft but I,m really scared to find out what the outcome could be as this money would be life changing for me and give me back my independence .

I appreciate every one is different but I cant help but read other peoples post who have similar disabilities to my self and think well if they go 0 points I,m going to get that too I cant help but think Negative bout it 

I.m guessing Ill have to work out roughly my own points from what they have said.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Some receive it within a couple of days and others wait longer. It will arrive when it arrives really and no one can predict that.

As i advised in a previous thread to you, you will see the activities/descriptors with a big dot next to them. Use the PIP self test to transfer the dots from the report into the test and it will add it all up for you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    is that the benfits and work site ? with the self score test 
  • poppy123456
    Here's a sample of a PA4 report (PIP assessment report) have a look and this is what yours will look like. As you can see half way down the report there's "health prefessionals opinion" with the activities/;descriptors and this is what you need to look at and use the PIP self test with the dots. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/259102/response/640058/attach/3/PA4.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cupcake88
    Thank you so much poppy 
  • cupcake88
    is that what the report will look like ? so they write bout how they found you on the phone ? because I made no sense I was so anxious 
  • cupcake88
    So it comes with all those pages I thought it only be one page well Ill keep a look out for a thick letter 
  • poppy123456
    Yes it will be like that one in the link. There will be lots of writing, which will be about you. At the bottom of the descriptors there will be their justification for the descriptor they chose.

I know you're worried and anxious but there's really nothing more you can do at this stage.
  • poppy123456
    cupcake88 said:
    So it comes with all those pages I thought it only be one page well Ill keep a look out for a thick letter 

Yup, it's like a book. There's far too much information to have just 1 page.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 Good for you that you plucked up the courage to get your report and hopefully you wont be waiting too long for it to arrive
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck @cupcake88
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.