ESA 1st payment time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA 1st payment time

hohobaron
hohobaron Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I was wondering if any of you could give me a rough idea how long it took for you to get your first payment for ESA from receiving your confirmation letter. My carers allowance was stopped straight away before I received my ESA letter so iv not had any money now for 3 weeks 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hi @hohobaron

Welcome to the community :) I'm glad you found us and I hope we can help you out.  I'm not clued up around ESA but I know plenty of our other members are! 

Just a few questions so I can get a better picture of your situation - When did you receive your confirmation letter? and are you managing okay food wise? 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

A claim for New style ESA is currently taking between 4-5 weeks. My advice is to ring them and ask how much longer it will be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @hohobaron glad you have joined the community

I hope you get a payment sorted soon its typical they stop payments straight away but you have to wait for a new payment . This happened to me when I applied for UC they immediately stopped my child tax credits but I didnt get any UC for couple of months due to my final pay from work
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @hohobaron! :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.