Help writing MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help writing MR

Options
rsx
rsx Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I recently had my assessment report back and i scored 2 points for daily living and 10 points for mobility going off that, I haven't had my decision letter yet but wanted to get a head start in writing my MR. 

I have anxiety and agoraphobia, I feel I should get atleast standard daily living, I just don't know where to start with writing it.

I did see a MR request form on the government website and thought it I print that off and then add a letter as extra information will that be ok?

Also do I need to say how many points in each area I think I should have scored or just say that I think should have scored points and why.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You need to state where and why you think you should have scored those points and then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rsx
    Options
    @poppy123456 ok thankyou, so if I go through every section that I think I should have scored points and write why and examples, and also with the mobility do I just not write anything about that as I agree with that part?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you agree with the mobility then forget that for the MR.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Debbie1234
    Debbie1234 Community member Posts: 183 Courageous
    Options
    Hello ?
    I have recently won an MR, going from 2 points daily to 11 points. I sent a diary in too, only for a week, but very detailed. Especially for the points I was disputing. I hope it goes well for you ?
    well done for getting prepared early and organised 
  • rsx
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @Debbie1234 thankyou, that gives me hope.

So did you just write how many point you feel you should have got in each section and why and then gave some examples?

Also how long did it take after you sent off the MR for you to get the decision?
  • Debbie1234
    Options
    Basically yes I did. Also any evidence that I had that contradicted massively what the DM had put. I am currently going through an appeal as I feel I am entitled to a little mobility. That is slightly different layout, but basically writing down disputed and undisputed points and why. Try to give at least 2 examples in your daily life why you think you deserve those points. I think the advice you get from the wonderful people off here is amazing. I feel I have learned so much on here and I am relatively new to it myself.
    My decision letter came back in 8 weeks ? I get my back pay in my bank tomorrow.
  • Debbie1234
    Options
  • Debbie1234
    Options
    I used this example template as a guide to doing my submission form for my appeal I found it quite helpful....
    I obviously tailored it to my situation ?
  • rsx
    Options
    @Debbie1234 thankyou so much, that's really helpful.

I hope your appeal goes well  :)
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You need to try to avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. A clasic example is in the link above it's stating that in the report it was mentioned they were calm during the assessment but the assessment is now in the past and you need to try to forget that.

Concentrating on the report, especially for a Tribunal will only weaken a case.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Debbie1234
    Options
    You are welcome ?
    thank you....
    I agree with Poppy....
    I didn't actually say the words on there and I was very careful not to put any blame on the DM or the phone assessor. If anything I said that maybe I didn't give you enough information on how I had to deal with certain things. Etc....
    I never really mentioned my medical report or the assessor or any lies etc.... very hard not to ? 
    I just concentrated on the points and I tried to really put themselves in my shoes living with my illness if that makes sense x
    I wish you all the best
  • Debbie1234
    Options
    Thinking about it now, I have never been sent my medical report ???
    I only have the 2 points that she gave me....
    should I ask for it Poppy? Will I need it for my appeal? 

• poppy123456
    Options
    Thinking about it now, I have never been sent my medical report ???
    I only have the 2 points that she gave me....
    should I ask for it Poppy? Will I need it for my appeal? 

Medical Report? sorry i'm not sure what you mean by this.
  • Debbie1234
    Options
    Sorry I meant report? I have just a paragraph at the bottom of my pip award and the points I scored, but no report 
  • Debbie1234
    Options
    In 2018 I had a more detailed report from the nurse who did my face to face (which was quite honest and unusually nice) because I had heard horror stories x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ah ok thanks. It's worth remembering that a PIP assessment is not a medical. It's an assessment about your functional ability.

You will be a sent the "bundle" by HMCTS and this will contain everything, which will include the assessment report, the evidence you sent, your claim pack and DWPs response. When you receive it you need to go through it carefully and keep it for the hearing because you will need it to refer back to on the day. . If face to face hearings are back on by then, you will need to take it with you. If you have a telephone hearing you should have it next to you during the phone call.
  • Debbie1234
    Options
    ???? 
    thank you Poppy, you are ever so helpful ?
  • rsx
    Options
    Sorry for all the questions, i have just posted my MR, will I get a text when they receive it? And also if I am successful will the updated money get backdated to when I first called in March or will it be from the decision date in August?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sometimes they text when the letter is received, sometimes they don't. If successful then backdated money depends on whether this was a first time claim, a review, changed of circumstances or transfer from DLA.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck with the appeal @rsx :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.