New to this forum, can I claim PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to this forum, can I claim PIP?

Options
Raja99
Raja99 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi Everone 
Just new to this forum needs advice and help I had skin condition psoriasis and recently diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis which is badly effecting my daily life can I claim PIP. 

Many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,265 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptor. You must have had the conditions for at least 3 months and expect them to last at least a further 9 months. You must also be affect for at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period.

A successful claim can take several months, maybe longer. Evidence will be needed to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for any of this.

No one on an internet forum can tell you whether you'll be entitled or whether you'll be successfully awarded, if you start a claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @Raja99

How are you today? 

I just wanted to wish you a very warm welcome to the community, hopefully we see you getting involved a lot more in the future :) 

As mentioned above, Personal Independence Payment (PIP) isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's about how your condition impacts your daily living and mobility. You can read more about PIP on the Scope website, and you can use our benefits checker  to see what other benefits you may be entitled to.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Raja99! I hope the advice above helps. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Raja99 Welcome to the community glad you have joined us here, and I hope the information above helps you decide if you should make a claim

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.