Things that made me happy today - August - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Things that made me happy today - August

13»

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Seen some family today, that made me very happy. A nice walk and fish and chips for dinner ? yum ?!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    @Ross_Scope
    Thank you very much for your lovely comments.

Yes I am an animal lover and I really enjoy interacting with them. 

You’re very welcome and I’m glad I mentioned something about squirrels that you didn’t know about and if you have any questions about squirrels I can try to answer them.

I really enjoy spending time outside feeding the squirrels because for me it’s like a form of therapy as I am able to focus on something nice.

The ones I feed all come very close to me because I have been feeding them for a while so they have got used to me.

One of the things that came out of my Cognitive Behaviour Therapy was the importance of trying to focus on things I enjoy so being outside and interacting with nature helps me to do that.
     I am really grateful to this online community for giving me the opportunity to share things with people who really do understand?

@serenity2
    I’m glad you feel a bit better? If you like wildlife I have posted lots of photos in the wildlife thread which you might like to see?

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    @RAwarrior
    You're more than welcome, I'm glad you've found a hobby that both entertains and relaxes you, and that this online community also helps you out :) 

@leeCal
    Sounds marvellous, good to hear you spent some quality time with family :) I'm officially jealous about the fish and chips, I've not had them in so long! I really fancy getting some now :D 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    @Ross_Scope
    I have always enjoyed spending time outside and interacting with animals, however, in the last couple of years I have found it has really helped with my wellbeing.

I have only recently joined the online community however, after having had an extremely bad time at work (as I have detailed in my other posts) I was pleasantly surprised to find so many people on this online community who despite their own difficulties actually do want to help each other?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    @RAwarrior

Yes that's the great thing about this community, everybody is so helpful and supportive. I'm glad you're enjoying it :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Listening to lots of upbeat music this morning! <3

How are you all?
    Scope

Brightness