Pip appeal forms — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal forms

Jackswan
Jackswan Community member Posts: 26 Connected
My wife was turned down for pip and then turned down at mandatory reconsideration. She received her two forms one for appeal and one for her to keep.. They didn't send anything else so she phoned and they said they would send ssc1 but no joy after a week.. Any ideas what happens please anyone

Comments

• Jackswan
    Oh right thank you Mike. The kind lady at the Citizens advice has taken her case on and will be giving all the help she requires to appeal the decision the gestapo gave her. Thanks for the info. 
  • male45
    male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
    @Jackswan
    It can be very stressful and soul destroying going for an appeal. But with the help of  Citizens advice they will be very good at supporting your wife and yourself through the process of appeal AND can send a rep to support your wife in the actual appeal (if f2f) restarts. 
    During the covid crisis appeals can be by telephone or paper based.
    Other members may be more experienced with advice on pip appeals and come here to give good advice. 
    Rest assured that this community will be there for you and your wife as you both go through the process.
    I wish you both luck and  please do update the community as you go along. 

Best Wishes 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome I am glad you have joined us and also you are getting some support for your wife's pending tribunal

We have lots advice on here from other members who have gone through the process, but dont let some of them put you off

Good luck and keep us updated
  • Jackswan
    Male45and janer1967thank you so much for the info. Wife received all the necessary documents for appeal off Citizens advice. Plus a very detailed letter explaining her everyday difficulties and restrictions will get that posted off ASAP. Would it be possible to send a typed letter from myself and daughter explaining the help and support we give her. Would it carry any weight to her case. Thanks once again for your help n support ????
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes that would be ok to send 

Glad you are getting help 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jackswan

Hope you're well :) 

I don't see any reason why not. As long as the contents of the letter don't contradict in any way what has already been said from your end.

Best of luck with the appeal, let us know how you get on. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Jackswan
    Ty guys will do ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.