I gave up last time.. Let the fight begin — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I gave up last time.. Let the fight begin

Toffee
Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
Well they say we learn iam going to write to pip and start all over again this time am not giving up I don't care how long it takes or if I have to Mr or appeal I will. This time I will make sure the form is filled in properly as iam not good with forms my sisters going to help. How are we all? 

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi Toffee, not giving up sounds like a good idea!
    Are you having trouble sleeping or do you like staying up late?

I keep waking up, several times a night, so I'm constantly tired, day and night... 

I wish you every success with your new PIP application and I hope you do get the help you need to complete the application form and present your case fairly. Good luck. 
  • Toffee
    Hi oxanlady
    I have trouble sleeping like you I wake up serval times sometimes a wake for hours. 
    I permently tired but when it comes to sleep I need a miracle
    Thank you for your kind words
  • Oxonlady
    You are welcome, Toffee. Sometimes a little understanding and encouragement go a long way. 
    I'm going to try praying, that usually helps me go back to sleep. Though no doubt I'll wake up again in a couple of hours!
    I hope you can get some sleep tonight... 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Looking back at previous threads of yours, do you currently have a PIP award in payment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Toffee
    Yes I seek advice to day thank you so much Mikehugescg much appreciated 
  • poppy123456
    Toffee said:
    Yes I seek advice to day thank you so much Mikehugescg much appreciated 

Please answer my question. Do you currently have an award of PIP?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Toffee
    Hi poppy
    Hope you are well
    Yes daily living standard rate
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2020
    Thanks. Then you can't start a new claim, you need to report a change of circumstances but do be aware that you could lose everything you already have by doing this. Please get some expert advice before doing anything else. No one on an internet forum can tell you whether there's any risks to your current award.
  • Toffee
    Hi oxanlady 
    I managed 3 hours sleep ty
    Hope you did two 
  • Toffee
    Yes thank you poppy I've just been looking to get some professional help am struggling been on shelter turn2us and the one Mikehugescg gave me no joy as yes but iam going to keep looking till I find some advice poppy 
  • Oxonlady
    Hi Toffee, it's great that you are looking for professional advice. Please remember that if you suffer from any specific condition there's bound to be a specific support group or charity that can also help you. 
    Take care. 
  • Toffee
    Yes I have 
    Mixed anexity and depression 
    Fibromyalgia 
    Copd stage 2
    Nerve impingement right shoulder 
    PTSD
    Panic disorder 
    And then there's things that I suffer from them xx
  • Oxonlady
    Hi Toffee, with having COPD, you Could perhaps speak to someone on the British Lung Foundation helpline. Also, MIND might help with advice on depression anxiety and benefits. 
  • Toffee
    Thank you  both so very much much appreciated gave me lots to think on. Iam contacting cab on monday will keep you all upto date thank you once again 
  • Oxonlady
    Mikehughescq, please don't underestimate the importance of having support whilst in the process of obtaining information and making a new application, especially in someone who suffers from anxiety and depression as well as physical ailments. There's nothing "unreal" about emotional support and encouragement when in the process of dealing with hard facts. The two are not mutually exclusive.

In any case, when I contacted the British Lung Foundation helpline I found them very knowledgable and professional as are many other Charities, such as Age UK. 
  • Oxonlady
    Wishing you all the best, Toffee. 
  • Oxonlady
    Mikehughescq, You will find that many charities actually have a dedicated advisor who is very knowledgable about the various benefits available and how to apply. 
    Just to give one example, even the South London ME Support Group, which is only a small, local charity, has a very professional, capable and knowledgeable benefits advisor, who does give excellent information to applicants. Age UK also has a wealth of practical information.
    I have been researching UK Charities for four years and it would do most an injustice if people thought that they didn't offer any services very much based on facts and the real world of benefits for those who need them!

In any case, I thought it best to offer Toffee a wider view of what might be of both practical and psychological assistance, under the specific circumstances. 
  • Toffee
    Ty so much Mikehugescg 
  • Toffee
  • Oxonlady
    Perhaps I have been extremely fortunate to actually have been provided with a solicitor by a legal charity to challenge my local Social Services. 

In any case, the CAB is an excellent choice and usually provides tailored information. A very professional, registered charity... 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.