Advice about Mandatory Reconsideration - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice about Mandatory Reconsideration

2»

Comments

• Comicmadtitan
    Comicmadtitan Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Thank you! I most definitely will! 
  • male45
    male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
    I'm glad your decision was a good one @male45! It doesn't put me off as I know theres a chance that it may not go the way that I want, but fingers crossed. Thanks! 
    Your welcome amd good luck let's know how you get on
    Best Wishes 
  • Comicmadtitan
    @Username_removed thank you! I thought I was waffling too much, I'll cut that right down. Thank you for the help!

@male45 thank you and I most definitely will! 
  • depressedmum09
    depressedmum09 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    @Comicmadtitan
    Hi, I submitted a written MR just over a week ago. I wrote it in a letter format, i didnt contact them. My letter was 4 pages long but it was necessary in my case to explain how my condition impacts my life as I dont believe the assessor or DM captured that properly. 
    I made my pip claim also for mental health, i have read your example above about not being able to cook or prepare food. Whilst I 100% get where you're coming with this because unless a friend throws something in the oven for me I wont eat because the lack of desire to eat or do anything at all looms everyday, but that option is basically for people who physically cant do it and would need someone to cook for them. (Look at it from a life or death situation, (a bit extreme but i think this might help clarify) if I was told i needed to cook a full breakfast or i would be killed, i would be able to cook that breakfast, whilst someone with no use of their arms wouldnt be able to do it) 
    I cant or prepare food because of my mental health, but in this section I was awarded "needs prompting" which in theory, is correct because I could if it was absolutely neccessary, I just dont do it every day. 
    I think my situation is a little different to yours, I was awarded 11 points on my initial assessment and was given standard daily living but I believe i should be entitled to enhanced rate. 
    I hope you get the decision you are after, I also hope they dont reject my MR and I have to go to a tribunal. The whole process has been so stressful xxx
  • depressedmum09
    depressedmum09 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    @Username_removed
    I was awarded 0 points for engaging with people face to face. I receive psychotherapy for my generalised anxiety disorder, i dont even meet the therapist face to face because I cant. I clearly stated I dont/cant go out at all, explained the reasons why and gave examples, also included was several medical evidence reports from my psychiatrist & psychotherapist confirming it all so it made no sense to award me nothing. Thats why I asked for an MR. With just 1 point in that section would have gave me enhanced rate and they awarded me nothing.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    It's too late now but 4 pages for just 1 activity is rather a lot of writing. Less is often more and keeping straight to the point with a couple of real life examples would have been all that's needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Comicmadtitan
    Thank you @depressedmum09! That's a good point, i'm still making changes and whatnot so i'll change that I think. Mentally I cannot do it due to OCD but physically I would be able to. Also I got zero for face to face too despite having a bunch of mental health issues that make it impossible for me to do so. But i'll explain that in the letter with examples. Hope your MR goes great! 
  • Comicmadtitan
    Would 4 pages be okay? I've cut it down a lot and it is currently sitting at that. Might be less if I change the margins. Also another quick question, I called DWP when I received my decision letter to say that I would like start my Mandatory Reconsideration and that I will be sending in a letter, they said thats fine. I then got a text stating that "You've asked us to look at our recent PIP decision again. We will write to you once we've done this...". I called as I was worried that they were starting without me and the DWP agent said that I shouldn't worry as they wont make the decision yet without me. I'm not too convinced. Does this sound accurate? 
  • poppy123456
    It depends how many activies you're disputing. Will they wait for the letter? sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Personally, i always advise not to request it over the phone because of that reason but this is just my personal opinion.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Comicmadtitan
    Thanks for responding poppy, I was advised to call over the phone when I called after receiving my health report, but I think he may have given me some incorrect advice there. I'm scared they won't wait now, dammit. I might call again tomorrow and see what they say, do you think it could be worth it? 
  • poppy123456
    If you've done the MR letter then just send it. What's done is done now. MR decision's at the moment have a 54% success rate, fingers crossed you're one of them, if not it's Tribunal. Good luck.
  • Comicmadtitan
    Fingers crossed too Poppy, thank you so much for your help and everybody else. I'm going to send it tomorrow and wait and see. I'll make sure to keep you all updated! Thanks again! 
  • Comicmadtitan
    Mandatory reconsideration posted. Will keep you all updated when I hear anything. Everything crossed now haha 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    We look forward to hearing your update @Comicmadtitan! Try and put it out of your mind for the time being, and finally take some time to relax :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Comicmadtitan
    Thank you @Tori_Scope! I'll try haha, it's gonna be a long wait. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.