Good News — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good News

Sandra_63
Sandra_63 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Just firstly would like to say a massive thank you to everyone on here for there superb advice along this long dark road to my journey! I received my Award review form a few weeks ago and treated it as a new claim and can say I have been given 5 years again! and got extra this time around, I have seen so many posts about ADHD and depression ect ect .... and so many people are correct it’s not about the condition it’s how it affect your daily living and other factors, not the diagnosis “ but despite all the stuff I have read on here I can say that the decision maker said ADHD , Severe Paranoia,  special needs school, self harming and abused when I was 9 with a personality disorder played a key factor in him making his decision. he was so lovely !!! he even said to me I will not cause you any stress and I have enough evidence in hand to make a decision, you will receive my decision in the post “ but nothing to worry about. look after yourself and take care” can’t believe it !!!! I even got more this time around!!! so grateful to all of you. love ya all x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Wow that was very quick! You only posted about 4 days ago asking for advice because you'd just received your review form. That's the quickest decision i've ever heard of. Great news.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sandra_63
    @poppy123456 I sent a lot of evidence in 2 months ago, so possibly that had a bearing on his decision. I’m not sure sure. but thank you so much hun I’m so made up!! X
  • poppy123456
    Do you post here using a different name as well? Your posts seem very familiar.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @Sandra_63 and thanks for sharing with us.

I too think following the advice I ghot on here over the last few years led to me getting an enhanced award at my review and it being paper based as well.

Just shows how filling in the forms is so important and if you put the time in it can give threm a better chance of making a decision without the f2f
  • Sandra_63
    @janer1967 I’m so happy. I not long received my award review forms as well. but , .... they had further evidence in which I taken a gamble on 3 months ago. and he said with the further evidence as well as the evidence in the pack is more than enough. so just shows you they can make a decision as long as they have got enough evidence to make there decision. Enhanced for daily living is what I got on my recent claim and now I have got lower rate mobility!! so delighted! I would of been very surprised if I didn’t get awarded it again. but grateful I have! 5 years awarded I have got. the way I seen it hun .... if they would of rejected it I no there was way more evidence for my entitlement and I would of won in court and they would of had to back date all the money! so they don’t just say No all the time as if they loose it could cost them thousands!
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Ah marvellous @sandra63  

I'm glad you had a positive outcome :) Thank you for sharing your news.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Fantastic news @Sandra_63! I'm so pleased for you :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @Sandra_63 - You really should chat with @ChloeHibbert as you sound so similar. :)
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2020
    chiarieds said:
    @Sandra_63 - You really should chat with @ChloeHibbert as you sound so similar. :)

Yes, that's my thoughts too. Thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/72741/update-for-people-for-special-needs#latest Coincidence maybe but Chloe also sent in evidence 2 months prior to being contacted.

• Sandra_63

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.