August bank holiday weekend plans and chatter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

August bank holiday weekend plans and chatter

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
Hi all!

I wondered what you all had planned for this weekend?  Are you going anywhere nice?

If not, feel free to keep me company! I will be here most of this weekend and then on Monday I have to finish my university dissertation so I will no longer be a student :smiley: wooohooo!!

Inspire me with your activities!! 
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Congrats in advance on not being a student anymore hehe. What degree are you doing?

We have a family member round so I hope to have a nice meal with my family today. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Oh lovely enjoy!  

It's a MA in Critical Disability Studies :) Almost there with it now, my brain cells are very ready for a rest.

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cher_Scope Hope you get the study finished I am now half way through mine

I tend to stay home at bank holidays due to the busy traffic and crowds and also my boyfriend has gone away yo Scotland on a motorbike tour so just me and my son this weekend

I want to finish the first series of prison break and also will be watching the grand prix (Im a bit of a fan)

Take away tonight then will make some brownies tomorrow

Have a lovely weekend
  • Cher_Alumni
    Keep going with the study @janer1967 are you enjoying it?

I watched Prison Break the first time round, Wentworth Miller is great in it.  I'm sure my OH will be watching the F1 when he gets in too  :)

Have a nice time!

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    That sounds like a really worthwhile thing to study, well done getting through it :) I am studying myself and know what you mean when you say your brain cells need a rest...it is quite demanding especially when you have other issues going on as well!

I hope everyone enjoys the F1. I think it’s weird, I am really into cars and driving myself but watching the F1 (or any car racing) doesn’t interest me!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    As for bank holidays I hate them with a vengence I even hated them when I was working, so will stay in bed Monday till senior management (the wife) forces me to get up, then I will do sod all, so bring on Tuesday (the 6th day in) got root canal treatment looming on Thursday oh joy !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    Just getting ready for my son moving to london  next week, we are almost done with the packing, he is of to Trinity Latham university for a three year course in performing arts, so a roadtrip next week, we are in Liverpool, so it'll be a four hour trip to get him there
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @Grinchy - You must be so proud of your son's achievement, but so sorry to see him go..... ;)
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chiarieds, yes we will miss him, we are so proud of him, he has a great talent, i hope he goes far i know he will
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    We are packing my hospital bag today, well making a start anyway. Best to be prepared! Bank Holidays annoy me because they confuse me and I end up losing track of what day it is! 

Critical Disability Studies sounds really intriguing @Cher_Scope! I've never heard of it before, what sort of things have you learned from it? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Cher_Alumni
    @woodbine Good luck with the root canal! I have a root canal re-treatment coming up in September that I'm looking forward to with equal trepidation! 

@Grinchy Good luck to your son too.  I wonder if he will be on stage or screen in the future?!  

@Ami2301 Ahhh exciting times, when are you due again?  I can't wait to hear more about your bump's arrival! As to what I've learned - lots!  This is a link to the MA course I did at Leeds and my modules covered disability research, politics, social policy and disability theory.  I feel better placed to help other disabled people achieve equality now than before  :)

What is everyone else up to this Sunday?  I'm just going to make a coffee before responding to some more posts and I have a cat staring at me through the front window wanting to be let inside! 

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the link @Cher_Scope I will have a read :) Little Avenger's actual due date is 16th November but as got the date for the c-section on Friday! So, now she should be arriving on the 4th November :) we had our first growth scan on Friday and they've estimated her weight at 2lbs 10oz, she is head down already and all is well :)

Me, on the other hand, I can't stop napping! I think there will be 2 more growth scans and we are having a 4d scan in a couple of weeks ? can't wait to see her little face! ?

You might want to let the cat in ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Cher_Alumni
    Awww @Ami2301 How exciting!! Those 4d scans are so good and detailed.  Let us know how it goes and make the most of this nap time before your little avenger arrives  :D

Frank the cat is now inside and sat next to me, dribbling on my new note pad  :/ (Bless him and also ewww)

• RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    @Cher_Scope

Good luck with your MA and it sounds like a really interesting course?

I am going for a walk in the forest with a friend and hopefully I will feed my other group of squirrels there (yes I do have another group of squirrels that I feed??).

I have already posted some photographs of the “forest squirrels” before but I will post some in the Squirrels and Friends thread later?

Good luck with your dissertation?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Thanks @RAwarrior - Your squirrel photos are keeping me going through the last bits of my study  :)

• janer1967
    Not a lot planned today been food shopping so now eating my way through stuff I shouldnt really be doing but hey thats what bank holidays are for
  • Cher_Alumni
    I've just eaten 3 chocolate caramel digestives @janer1967, I'm right there with you.

• janer1967
    @Cher_Scope go girl proud of you  I have had 3 honeycomb crunch mini bites put them away b4 I est the lot 

• RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    @Cher_Scope

You’re welcome?

I’m glad the squirrel photos are helping ?

I still can’t believe how cheeky the hazelnut thief is? 

I hang the bag on the fence so I don’t have to carry it and she just decided to help herself?? 
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited August 2020
    @janer1967 They sound a bit more-ish.  Have you hid them from yourself?  :D

@RAwarrior The hazelnut thief! Hehe.  These squirrels are very lucky to have you spoiling them! 

Brightness