August bank holiday weekend plans and chatter - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

August bank holiday weekend plans and chatter

2»

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    nO @Cher_Scope but got my boy to put them where I cant reach
  • RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    @Cher_Scope

Thank you very much ?
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    I’ve had some very bad experiences with dentists over the years. Once I was to have root canal treatment and the dentists started drilling but he had forgotten to give me an injection! Honest truth, the pain went beyond pain to a kind of red heat, Immediately my eyes watered as though I was crying...it was horrific. I said “wow! That was extreme! “ as I recovered, do you know what the dentist said, absolutely nothing! He did sweat profusely but he just prepared an injection and gave it to me and carried on.

what could I possibly have done, walk out? Not likely. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    OMG @leeCal That sounds horrendous another one for you

When I had my big toe and next one amputated this was before I had my leg amputated, I had both surgery's under local aneasthetic so awake throughout, not as bad as you may think

However on leaving the theatre after they had left my toe on the table so I cold see it as I was wheeled out, thanking god they didnt do this with my leg
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    @janer1967 I’m speechless.
    I'm so sorry they had to do any of that at all. Very sad.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal @janer1967 Yikes, these stories are horrific!! I'm sorry you both had to experience this.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness