No point - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No point

124»

Comments

• harry01
    harry01 Community member Posts: 217 Courageous
    @Oxonlady I feel the same way.

Yep, agree completely. I'm sorry they've treated you like that. 

Feel free to tell us here. There should be an open discussion about this. I hope that you get the treatment you deserve. 

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi Tori_Scope, not really, I'll have just have to keep taking the painkillers and engage in something that gives my brain something positive to think about, which is my Art Project! It has been very therapeutic for me the last four years. Thank you for asking. 
  • Oxonlady
    Hi Harry01, how are things with you today?

Just to give you an example of how much doctors don't know, even though they think they do and how they simply don't listen to the patient : I went to A&E a couple of weeks ago, feeling very unwell and they did some blood tests. My white cell count was very high, yet they dismissed it, saying it's because I'm on steroids. I kept saying that I must have an infection, as I felt so unwell. Had they given me antibiotics then, I would not have continued to deteriorate to the point where I could barely move.
    In any case, I've improved on the antibiotics, though I'm still worn out. 
    Next time, I won't be inclined to listen to the doctors! 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Ooh, what kind of art do you do @Oxonlady? That's a great way to keep your mind busy.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Oxonlady
    Hi, Tori-Scope.
    I paint my canvasses and then I give them a 3-D effect in a special, unique way that I have invented myself. I have a few more canvasses to complete and then I hope to find a way to exhibit them. As I'm housebound, this might be difficult to arrange but I'm determined to share my artwork with the world once it is completed! 
  • Tori_Scope
    Very cool @Oxonlady, that sounds great! 

I'm sure you'll find a way, especially once more venues start to open. Have you posted pictures of them online before? I'd love to see!

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Oxonlady your work sounds interesting, maybe somebody could take them to craft fairs or something for you or you could advertise them on a selling site for collection only
  • Oxonlady
    Hi Janer1967. I will never sell my canvasses! I have a lot of emotional energy invested in them and they are the subject of a book I'm writing!
    It would be wonderful to exhibit them so that people can see this unique work which will not be found anywhere else in the world. But I'll never sell them. I need them around me to cheer me up and remind me of my long, arduous journey to get to where I am now! 
  • janer1967
    Ok sorry got the wrong end of the stick when you said about exhibiting them
  • Oxonlady
    Hi Tori_Scope, if you Googled my real name you'd probably see some of my canvasses come up... But I'm not sure I want to give my name out on this thread... Though it might be ok, I don't know.... 
  • Oxonlady
    That's ok Janer1967, I know you were trying to help. 
    I know that almost all other artists sell their work so I do understand your suggestion.
    I just couldn't bear to be parted with my unique collection! I hope that doesn't sound daft or selfish... 
  • Tori_Scope
    We don't encourage people to share personal details on here @Oxonlady so I understand, don't worry!

You're always welcome to post whatever you're working on on the community if you fancy it. Lots of people share their arts and crafts on KaleidoScope

• janer1967
    @Oxonlady Maybe you can find some local art gallaries or exhibitions or even local cafes and places thst weould display your work for a period of time.

I am sure they would be willing to help collect them and display

Some places struggle with being able to afford artwork to display to make the place look better
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    This sounds great @Oxonlady
    Scope

Brightness