Pip extension — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip extension

Options
hfr00
hfr00 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
Hi my pip was due too end in November but has been extended until May 2021. Will I still get my award reviewed? Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Yes, you will still be sent the review forms, which will need to be filled in and returned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • js26
    js26 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Mine was due to end September and extended till March, I recieved form recently. Hope that helps
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome

Yes you will still get a review but they are dealing wit all the backlogs and new claims which is why they have put an extension on but use the time to prepare and get your evidence together as the form will arrive at some time
  • hfr00
    Options
    Okay, I have all evidence ready, only asked about review as I have a change of circumstances with my mobility. Should I wait until review or report it? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the review is due in the not too distant future then I would wait, also is the change permanent and likely to be on going?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree with @woodbine I would wait to report the change as it may take just as long for them to go through the change process as it will be for the wait for the review
  • hfr00
    Options
    The change is permanent yes but I can probably wait until I get my review in the next few months.
  • hfr00
    Options
    What is the procedure when you report a change of circumstances? Will a review come early if I did that? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reporting a change of circumstances means you'll be sent more PIP2 forms, which will be sent out as soon as you report the changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.