PIP Award Review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Award Review

samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
Hi everyone. hope we are all having a good day today. I just wanted to ask a query that’s all people, I am due to get my Award Review form either Mid September or the start of October, stating the obvious is it worth getting all my evidence ready now? I have most of it in the box, just a bummer I can’t do anything else un till the form comes , advice would be appreciated by anyone. ☺️

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Hi @samfits99! I'm having a very good day thank you, how's yours going? 

If you are in the last six months of your claim, you can ask for it to be reviewed if you are eager to get it over and done with :) Alternatively, yeah it's better to be as prepared as possible, if you choose to wait until they send you the renewal form then there's no harm in getting your evidence in order in preparation for when it comes.  

If you need any further support or information about the renewal process, you can find it on this Turn2Us page, or this other page from Citizens Advice.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @samfits99 how are you today ? Yes is the answer the more you do now the better just leaves the form filling, as ever you should treat the review as a new claim and the more RELEVANT evidence the better this link looks helpful
    https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/media-library/documents/adult-social-services/money-advice-factsheets/personal-independence-payment-guide-to-completing-claim-form-2016.pdf

when you get the forms you have 4 weeks to return them but if you phone and ask they will give you a 2 week extension no questions asked, remember to get them in the post around 10 days before they are due back, photocopy everything if possible and get proof of posting (don't send signed for delivery its a waste of time)
    good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• samfits99
    @Ross_Scope I’m not too bad thanks for asking. I’ve decided I am just going to wait for the letter to arrive. least then it will buy me more time. thanks for your advice ☺️
  • samfits99
    @woodbine I’m not too bad thanks for asking. I will treat it as a new claim. thank you for giving me that horse advice. I will check the link out you sent me cheers ☺️ I have got loads of evidence ( new ) evidence as well. a question I wanted to ask you and @Ross_Scope I get enhanced on daily living but feel like I should get lower rate for mobility is it worth trying on my award review? Or are they going to just base it on my claim running out? saying why would we give it you now when we didn’t before? I’ve asked others on other sites and they said yes you should! hopefully they won’t compare it to my old claim. I asked DWP PIP for a copy of my claim so I no exactly what’s been written in it which helps! I would be very surprised if I didn’t get it again. would fight for it as I no I’m legally entitled to the money.
  • samfits99
    @woodbine thank you so much for that link! it’s really good! going to have a read of it all. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

This a review and they will look at both parts of PIP, exactly the same as they did the first time and i'm unsure why you would think any different. Just because you don't claim the mobility part now, doesn't mean you can't claim it in the future.

When you fill out the form you need to add all the information and don't miss anything out. Also you stated "you have loads of new evidence" Firstly you need to look at all that evidence and think to yourself, is this really needed? It's only useful if it states how your conditions affect you, if it doesn't then think twice before sending it. Less is often more and sending loads of evidence if it's not relevant is not helpful because it most likely won't be read.

The best evidence you can send is your enecdotal evidence... a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Also adding, where you were, who was with you and what exactly happened.

I'm not sure what you mean by "hopefully they won't compare it to your old claim" for mine and my daughters last review, they did look at the previous assessment report. Infact the previous assessment report was mentioned in my daughters paper based assessment report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 thank you for that great advice. I’ve been told less is just as good as a lot. I will give real life examples. and when I said about will they look at my first claim I don’t mean the report of the HCT professionals I meant when I first filled the form in will they compare what I written on that to the award review that’s what I meant. Just waiting for it to come in the post now. I reckon October it will come, my claim ends on 5th March 2021 the guy from PIP said around October time you should have the letter. so fingers cross I get it! can’t see why I wouldn’t. 
  • poppy123456
    That was your previous claim, this will be a renewal and they will look at the whole award again, not just part of it. Sending huge amounts of evidence is not helpful.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 thanks for the positive feedback. least I have four weeks to complete it. fingers cross I get it again! everyone says little evidence is enough. did your daughter get it straight away on her renewal? if you don’t mind me asking. and did she have to have a phone assessment? 
  • poppy123456
    She had a paper based assessment and her award stayed the same.. Enhanced for both parts.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck with the renewal @samfits99, I see you've already been given some fantastic advice from @poppy123456 :) 

If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to ask. 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 thanks for your advice. fingers crossed ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.