You have won your appeal .....What happens next — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

You have won your appeal .....What happens next

shella
shella Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
OK,
 I have read all I could read on the PIP and about backdated money and have read a lot of this one a few forums. every single one of them made me more confused. 
So I have decided to tell you all about what happened to me so you know what happens when you win more points and are awarded more money.

1 You will have to wait one month before you receive any letter of confirmation from the DWP this is because they have one month to appeal your appeal they have the right to do this.

2 Even when that month is over you will not be contacted for another month (Get this YOU WILL BE IN A QUE TO RECEIVE ANY BACKDATED MONEY) you still will not get a letter confirming the decision.

3 The letter will come confirming what you have been awarded and how much backdated money you will receive plus the dates they will pay from.........this is where it got confusing for me some people were saying it gets backdated from the appeal day others were saying you only get paid when the DWP  received the official decision which would be one month.
Everywhere no matter what forum I read the same thing if you moved from DLA to PIP when they sent out the invitation to apply for PIP straight from DLA you will not be backdated at all the only backdate you will receive will be a month from the day the DWP received the confirmation.

4 I can only explain what happened to me and in no way reflects that all cases are the same.
I received backdated money from the day my claim for PIP arrived in the DWPs department. This letter is not on white paper it looks kind of creamish.

5 Read the confirmation letter and pay special attention to the dates 

6 you will also receive another letter which is very confusing. the letter is formatted exactly like the letter you received when you were sent the decision of your assessment. Really look at this letter and pay attention to the dates and wording. the letter I received was on normal white paper.
It showed the points I received when I won my appeal but then it states we cant award you PIP your DLA will also end. This has confused even more. I will have to write to DWP before the month deadline explaining that the letter is wrong asI would not put it past the DWP to be pulling a fast one.

so in closing even when you win it's not over . All I ask is that you look at all letters after you have won your appeal

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Your right they backdate it from the date you made your claim for pip as for the 
    Letter somebody has made a big mistake I'd get in touch with them straight away 
  • shella
    shella Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Thanks for you reply I will contact them lol It really confused me
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    My appeal took 18 months lost the first tribunal, appealed against that and had it set aside by a judge , i won the last tribunal even tho i did not go as i thought i had said enough at the first one that was on the 1st june letter came yesterday stating back pay for 18 months will be paid on the 18th 
    The DWP gave up in the end
  • Chelmike58
    Chelmike58 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    i won my LWCA appeal and was awarded 15 points, i want to know if my claim will be backdated from my first claim which started in June 2019?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    i won my LWCA appeal and was awarded 15 points, i want to know if my claim will be backdated from my first claim which started in June 2019?

HI and welcome,

You've posted on the PIP/DLA thread. What benefit exactly are you claiming ESA or UC? If it was UC what date exactly did you first claim and when did your first fit note and was it definitely LCWRA and not LCW?

Was this Tribunal because of your first ever work capability assessment? Sorry for all the questions but without more information it's impossible to help.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chelmike58
     the benefit claimed was UC< the decision given was that the previous decision made on 16/07/2019 was set aside
  • Chelmike58
    i put my first fit note into DWP when i first started my claim on 03/06/2019
  • poppy123456
    This mean the LCWRA element is paid from October 2019, providing there were no gaps in sending your fit notes. It can take 2-8 weeks to receive backdated money and about the same time to put an award into payment. You'll need to continue to send the fit notes until you hear from DWP. The decision letter will be uploaded onto your journal. All of this is providing you were definitely awarded LCWRA and not LCW, there's a lot of people that get confused between the 2 of them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chelmike58
    Hi, I've just been awarded the enhanced rate for Daily Care and Mobility through a Lip tribunal as well as LWCA, is severe Disability an extra benefit please

• poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    Hi, I've just been awarded the enhanced rate for Daily Care and Mobility through a Lip tribunal as well as LWCA, is severe Disability an extra benefit please

No, because you're claiming UC and there's no disability premiums available when claiming this. It's only payable when claiming the old legacy benefits.  You will receive the LCWRA element, as advised.
  • Chelmike58

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.