How long for a decision? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for a decision?

124»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like DWP have sent their response. It doesn't mean you'll receive a date for your hearing soon. Delays will no doubt be longer now with everything that's happening.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Yes they said the DWP have sent everything over but normally they say that DWP might change there minds before going to the appeal stage 
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2020
    This very rarely happens and i would advise you to expect to have to attend a hearing. I do believe i advised you this on another thread.

I know you were offered a PIP award before your hearing date but this is rare for this to happen.

You say normally they say that DWP might change their minds. Sorry but normally, that isn't what happens because it's rare they do this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Hi everyone 

Hope everyone is keeping safe and staying in with this virus going on. Hope everyone is ok 
  • mlaw886
    mlaw886 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Hi just a wee update on where I'm at now. So I got my home visit back on the 15th of January. I also was advised on here to ask for a copy of my report around March. I've still not had a desion I just kept getting told its with the desion maker. I've had call advisers send messages to managers with there being no reply. I still have no copy of my report which I've asked for a few times now. I was told by journal that there would be a action taken on my account by the 3rd of August there wasn't I've called twice since then still no real answers. Is this normal to take this much time with little worry about my account I first applied for this benefit in Dec 2018. It took a year to get my home visit appointment. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mlaw886, hope you're well today :) 

Thanks for the update, that is an awfully long time to have been waiting for a decision. It's worth keeping in mind that there has been delays due to the pandemic and there will have been a backlog for them to catch up with. 

It's normal for things to take a while with the DWP, but this situation still seems odd given that you say you've called them many times and they've sent messages to managers with no replies. 

Hopefully others will be able to advise on this, but have you considered contacting your local Citizens Advice? I would also recommend Advice Local.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • mlaw886
    Hi Ross thanks for replying yeah my case was moved to a case manager the end of July. Should I be able to see me report by now? I was told by an adviser it should be there but its not showing. I never seem to get a answer to why this is the case. I will try my local advice shop thank you 
  • poppy123456
    That's rather a long time to wait, i agree. You won't see your report on your journal, they send it in the post as a paper copy. Although for the work capability assessment they don't always agree to send it before a decision's been made. Sometimes they will sometimes they won't.

I would advise you to ring UC again on Monday morning and if you don't have any joy then you could contact your local MP and maybe they can contact DWP on your behalf. Sometimes this can get things moving faster. https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/contact-your-mp/

• mlaw886
    Thank you for the advice that's what I will do. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.