PIP AWARD REVIEW — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP AWARD REVIEW

Options
samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
Going to send my PIP AWARD Review forms off tomorrow. I no it can take 6-8 weeks to get a decision. has anyone had it earlier or later? also will a DM call me up from the DWP to ask me questions or not. I’ve heard lots of stuff with difference stories, I treated it like a new claim so thanks to poppy and everyone else who advised me :) 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

There's no timescales for any decisions. Before Covid19 most people had face to face assessments but they are still suspended and been replaced with telephone assessments, which most people are having. You should expect one of those and prepare yourself. If you have a paper based assessment then it's rare. Before all this happens everything you send will be sent to the health assessment providers.

Once it's sent, all you can do is wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    Options
    sent my forms in completed and was almost 8 wks before i got a letter from capita saying ive got a telephone assessment on the 16th sept so all in all from sending paperwork back untill assessment aprox 11 wks.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @samfits99 In answer how long is a piece of string and everyones wait is different dependant on the area they are from and the backlog in that area.

Thanks @ernie2009 for sharing your situation with Sam

Its just a waiting game 
  • samfits99
    Options
    @poppy123456 @ernie2009 @janer1967 thanks for all your advice guys. Can I request a paper based assessment? I had one from the start and don’t go to assessments as I’m too angry and can be violent so not allowed them. or can the DM make a decision if he or she has enough information?
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Face to face assessments are still suspended so you wouldn't be attending in person anyway, telephone assessments have replaced them. If there's enough information to do the paper based assessment they will, otherwise they won't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @samfits99 - If you normally get a paper-based assessment, then if nothing has changed, you'll likely have another. If you do get given a date for a phone assessment, then you'll have to decide whether you want that, or a paper-based assessment again. If the DM has enough (paper-based) info, then a decision can be made using this.
  • samfits99
    Options
    @chiarieds I want a paper based assessment. hopefully enough information has been sent. for the DM to grant me my award again. fingers cross. I’m on enhanced for daily living, but feel I should get lower rate for mobility and have given my reasons why. award review has been sent off so just a waiting game now. 
  • samfits99
    Options
    @poppy123456 only time will tell. when they send you a letter back is that them saying Yes you can have a award or not? either way I mean. can get more can get less , or they can just say no full stop. I’ve heard how DM have contacted the claimant. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your file will be sent to the health assessment providers first and from there they will determine whether a paper based assessment can be completed, if it can't a telephone assessment will be done.

Either way, they will write the assessment report, which will be returned to DWP. A decision maker will then look at that and all the evidence you sent and a decision will be made on your claim. Once it's made a decision letter will be sent to you. There's no timescales for any of this.

Once you've sent the form back there's nothing more you can do but wait.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.