Advice needed on UC Medical Assessment via phone - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice needed on UC Medical Assessment via phone

2»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Luchia. They definitely do but sometimes it is the luck of who you speak to. I know some people have been successful requesting them via the journal so that might be an option for you too?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree with Adrian here, they definitely do send them but on the other hand i've known them to completely refuse to send them for the work capability assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Luchia. Have you had any luck requesting a copy of your assessment report?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Luchia
    Luchia Community member Posts: 255 Pioneering
    Phoned a few times to ask for a copy of my report but keep getting told it isn’t showing on the system which is a little odd as I had my phone assessment on the 4th 
  • Luchia
    Hello @Luchia. Have you had any luck requesting a copy of your assessment report?
    Phoned them a few times but they said my report isn’t showing on the system which I’m a bit worried about now as I have my assessment on the 4th
  • poppy123456
    It could have been sent to audit, which is why it hasn't been returned. If it is then there's no timescales how long it will be in the audit but it won't be sent to DWP until the audit is complete. It's nothing for you to worry about, it just means the HCP is being check that they done their job correctly.

I've had a couple of reports sent to audit 1 for PIP and 1 for the work capability assessment and the PIP was their for almost 6 weeks.

You can ring the Health Assessment Advisory Service and ask then if the report has been returned and they will tell you if it has or not. If it's in audit they will tell you but they can't tell you how long it will stay there.
    See link for contact details. https://www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Stan23
    Stan23 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    @Luchia I'm in the same boat, I had my telephone assessment and now there saying I have to have a face to face but haven't give me no timescale as when to? So fustrating and confusing!
  • Luchia
    Phone them again today to see if they had any updates.
    All they can tell me is the report isn't showing on their system but they have asked for a case manager to call me back as a matter of urgency.
    So not a clue whats happening with it all :(
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    The report has nothing at all to do with DWP until it's been returned to them and it's the health assessment advisory service you need to ring at this stage, as i advised yesterday, did you ring them? If you haven't then i'd advise you to do that, they are open Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm. Number is 0800 288 8777. Tell them when you had the assessment and simply ask has the report been returned to DWP yet and they will tell you either way.
  • Luchia
    Just spoken with people on number you provided, they said they couldn't do the medical assessment on the phone and I would need a face to face but that would take 4-8 months due to current crisis.
    Just phoned UC and had my account closed as it isn't worth all the hassle 
  • poppy123456
    Sometimes they can't always get all the information needed for the work capability assessment by just a telephone call so they have to do the face to face assessment.

I'm sorry to hear you decided to just close your UC claim because of this. If you were receiving money then this will have continued, regardless of waiting for the work capability assessment decision. If you're evebtually awarded LCWRA then the extra money would have been backdated to the 4th month of your claim from when you sent your first fit note.

Do you claim for any help with the rent through UC, if so then how will you manage to pay this?
  • Luchia
    Sometimes they can't always get all the information needed for the work capability assessment by just a telephone call so they have to do the face to face assessment.

I'm sorry to hear you decided to just close your UC claim because of this. If you were receiving money then this will have continued, regardless of waiting for the work capability assessment decision. If you're evebtually awarded LCWRA then the extra money would have been backdated to the 4th month of your claim from when you sent your first fit note.

Do you claim for any help with the rent through UC, if so then how will you manage to pay this?
    My partner has a very good job so he pays for all the bills etc, it was a joint claim as he works but it just isn't worth the stress of waiting another 4-8 months.
    Wasn't currently getting anything from them as he is way over income limit but was told the medical payment wouldn't of been affected.
    Just too much stress to bother with it all now, I did get PIP so very happy with that.
    UC also told us we will need to spend a large chunk of our savings as we are way above the limit on savings allowance.

Already feel less stressed now they have closed account 
  • poppy123456
    In that case then i understand why you closed it. Although if your savings exceed £16,000 then you wouldn't have been entitled to any payments, even if you were placed into one of the groups.

I don't know your circumstances but if you worked and paid the correct amount of NI contributions in tax years April 2017 to April 2019 then you'll be able to claim New style ESA. It pays £74.35 per week (over 25's) you will need a fit note from your GP to be able to claim this. The work capability assessment process for this is the same as the one for UC.
  • Luchia
    In that case then i understand why you closed it. Although if your savings exceed £16,000 then you wouldn't have been entitled to any payments, even if you were placed into one of the groups.

I don't know your circumstances but if you worked and paid the correct amount of NI contributions in tax years April 2017 to April 2019 then you'll be able to claim New style ESA. It pays £74.35 per week (over 25's) you will need a fit note from your GP to be able to claim this. The work capability assessment process for this is the same as the one for UC.
    Stopped working in 2018 as my back was getting worse and my partner thought it would be best to give it up and be the "Homemaker" 
  • poppy123456
    Then it's unlikely that you'll qualify for NS/ESA.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.