My New GP is refusing to prescribe... - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My New GP is refusing to prescribe...

Options
2»

Comments

• roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Options
    @Boomtown I'm sure you know exactly what you take and what you need.  No need to forward anything.  I am surprised the pain clinic are not supporting you and telling the GP what is needed.  Often GPs have Pharmacists within the surgery and they will be following the guidance issued by various agencies which is meant to protect patients.  Tell the pain clinic your new doctor is not supporting you and ask them to intervene on your behalf.  Good luck
  • Boomtown
    Boomtown Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Thanks for the reply but i think theres been a mix up of communication some where along the way i have not got a new GP i do know that there  was a lady who posted a comment on that she had gone to s new practice not me. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ASJ - just to say that Pregabalin isn't an opioid, but care needs to be taken if it is taken together with an opioid. What Drs have found is that opioids are good in the short term only, & then they are not as effective, so you feel you're in more pain. I used to wear Fentanyl patches & had Oromorph for breakthrough pain. I slowly weaned myself off the patches, & now just take Pregabalin at the max. dose for neurological pain. I don't actually think I feel any worse now.
    Last year a coroner reported on a sad death, the result of taking Oyycodone & Amitriptyline, which resulted in oversedation by depressing the Central Nervous system. This is why GPs are now wary of prescribing these meds together. At the moment I feel you should be guided by your GP. :)
  • Boomtown
    Boomtown Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    I totally understand what you're saying but ive got the pain management prescribing gabapenten my GP giveing me two morphine patches a week has well has diazepam and sertraline and amatriptlean and astrovasatin, lidocaine plasters and dhidrocaine tablets all this because ive a crumbling spine, osteoarthritis in both feet and both my knees ( left knee waiting for the operation) and carpool tunnel syndrome in both hands, anxiety and depression. ?

Brightness