My goal today - Page 12 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    So all is well now, the plumber came, saw and fixed the problem with a new ball valve in approx half an hour, £65. 

I used to tell my boys to learn plumbing but they wouldn’t have it.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal Ohh, glad it's all sorted and wasn't too expensive.  Aye, you could have done with a plumber in the family  :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    It’s a very odd thing @Chloe_Scope when you turn on taps and nothing comes out, not to mention flushing the loo. I actually appreciate the water more now. Perhaps everyone should turn off the mains now and then and ...perhaps not ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Remember they don’t make £130 an hour though as they have tonnes of business costs to pay for. Tools are really expensive, insurance, van etc. That said you are right a trade does make good money. :)
  • 66Mustang
    My goal is to get into my house. I am currently locked outside the house with a family member after walking the dog as the last person wasn’t going to go out so we didn’t bring a key, then they decided to go out and lock the door :(
  • leeCal
    edited September 2020
    Oh dear @66Mustang
    That happened to me and I called a locksmith who took thirty seconds to get in and charged me a basic £100! 
    Good luck sincerely. Perhaps you can get the person wi the key to come back and let you in?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    They didn’t bring their phone @leeCal so couldn’t contact them haha :(

Finally got in after 45 mins not too bad I guess could have been worse haha and the dog got a longer walk :D
  • leeCal
    Well that’s a relief, it’s a horrible feeling being locked out. Perhaps you should give your dog a key too? In a locket? Or perhaps a trusted neighbour a spare @66Mustang?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    We do have 2 neighbours with spares but they are both elderly and don’t like answering their door in the evening. We did actually knock on one but they didn’t answer so we didn’t want to knock again and panic them.

Giving the dog a key is not a bad idea hahaha :D:D
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    My goal is to share two poems I wrote local poetry competition I completely forget

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• leeCal
    Looking forward to reading your poems @Globster ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    just posted the competition poems I have sent in 
    Look forward to hearing community views on poems 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• leeCal
    My goal today is to learn more about Buddhist philosophy. A huge task actually and a bit late today, but better late than never.?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lou_Scope
    Lou_Scope Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
    This is such a great idea for a thread. My goal today is to finish a book I've been reading. I have 100 pages to finish. I have a habit of starting books and not finishing them and then moving on to another. And tomorrow is my sons 13th birthday and so I need to organise his gifts and banners and things. :) 
  • leeCal
    Hi @Lou_Scope good luck with the reading and the birthday preparations ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I had to sort out a notice I had issued yesterday from the council regarding the bins . Apparently they issued the notice to the whole of my small estate after doing an inspection.

I was worried it was directed at me but no they decided to just treat everyone with the same threatening notice rather than target the offenders
  • Cher_Alumni
    @Lou_Scope I'm the same with books, I have more half-read ones dotted about the house! Happy birthday to your soon-to-be teenage son  :)

@Globster I'll be sure to check out your new poem.  I'm looking forward to reading it.  

@leeCal You don't do things by halves do you!  That's a great task mind and I would be interested to know if you read anything that could help our community.

@janer1967 Oh heck! That doesn't sound nice, what are they saying about the bins?

My task for today is to finish my ironing for a holiday I'm going on tomorrow.  How exciting  :D

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    @Cher_Scope It was all about where they are left, using the bins and what is in them, pretty standard. When I phoned they explained it wasnt aimed at individuals but bins were being left in the collection area with open lids and not taken back to their house, and this was causing an environmental risk. I dont even use the collection area as dont a lot of us.

It is only the houses at the top of the estate that use this but they said they issued to everyone so they get no complaints 

Wow how exciting where are you going on holiday 
  • janer1967
    @Lou_Scope Good luck for the birthday celebrations tomorrow, my son was 14 a couple of weeks ago, so hard to plan what to do for them at their age

Happy Birthday for tomorroew
  • Cher_Alumni
    @janer1967 Ahh, fair enough.  I can imagine you were bewildered to begin with reading it but it sounds like its for a good reason.  

We are going to a little cottage on a Farm near Cardigan Bay in Wales.  It's my birthday too on Sunday so we are going to celebrate that and me finishing uni.  September is such a busy birthday month isn't it?  I hope the weather stays nice.

Brightness