Phone call regarding MR submission — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone call regarding MR submission

Comicmadtitan
Comicmadtitan Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
Hey all, so I was debating whether to submit this but wanted some advice. I submitted my MR around 4 and half weeks ago and called DWP the other day to ask for an update (anxiety getting the better of me) and was told that there was a significant backlog and it would take 11 weeks to reach my date of submission, so I finally settled in for the wait. Until yesterday I received a phone call from a lady from the DWP who introduced herself and needed some extra information on top of the information and evidence that I sent. So I was going through it with her and she was really nice and expressed what was needed to reach that particular descriptor. Then she said that this doesn't mean that I have awarded you or anything yet but if I read your bank details to you, can you confirm if they're accurate, so my mom did that (she handles my finances) and then because I was in an anxiety daze, my mom said that the DWP lady said that she was ready to award but it needed to be sent to someone else to verify the decision which is rare that it is not corroborated. She then asked if I had been in hospital or anything since and that I would receive a decision letter next week and if I had not, to ring the freephone number. So now I am kinda in an episode of what the hell happened. Could anyone provide any insight as to what this means?

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.