Warm Home Discount — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Warm Home Discount

Mickyjim
Mickyjim Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Just a quick heads up, Warm Home Discount applications are now open. Apply to your energy provider its worth £140 and is applied to your energy account usually Electricity https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing with us 
  • TeddyB22
    TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Unfortunately in Northern Ireland where there is a monopoly they don't do it. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I think that 20/21 is the final year for this scheme, but now is the time to apply to your supplier as they only have so much to give before the money runs out.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    woodbine said:
    I think that 20/21 is the final year for this scheme, but now is the time to apply to your supplier as they only have so much to give before the money runs out.
    I didn't know it was being stopped after this year, that's a bit of a shame.  I was totally reliant on it last year as I couldn't cover the heating bills on ESA alone.  Thankfully I have PIP now but there must be many other people that need it.  Do you know if there will be a similar scheme to replace it next year?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    There's been no annoucements that i know of for anything that's replacing it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing the link to this scheme, I'd not heard of it before.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness