My goal today - Page 15 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Also @66Mustang with a second hand car there is the depreciation factor and adding that in to the per mile rate could make a difference, obviously pro rata depending on the cost of the car.

do motability give you a new car every so often?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal You get a new car every 3 years as long as you get enhanced award and have at least a year left on the award
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal thanks, yeah the per mile cost is everything - insurance, tax, fuel, depreciation etc

Janer is absolutely right new car every 3 years as long as you still have a year to go for your PIP. Personally I’d happily keep the car longer (if I still get PIP when my lease runs out I’ll just choose the same car again anyway) but I guess they have done their sums and decided that selling the cars on after 3 years is best.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
     I am trying my own to write a medical spec drama script for television as the BBC allow you write to write an episode for Holby city, which I would love to be able to write for a fantastic television drama like  Holby city   

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck on your script @Globster, my wife loves Holby city,
    my goal for today is to get my star wars room finished, my brother in law put some shelves up in there for me and my wife and i added the figures, its basically done now, just a few more cards to hang

• leeCal
    Good luck @Globster!

looking good @Grinchy !

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    Well my goal is to find something fun to do today, after all it is Saturday. Perhaps a ride in the car later.
    anyone else doing anything fun today?

Sounds good to me @l@leeCal! Did you end up going out?

Globster said:
    I looking forward to getting some free advice on how write a television show from the bbc writer’s room this afternoon I can not wait 
    This sounds amazing @g@Globster! I bet this was really interesting. Did it give you any inspiration about what to write next? :)

Scope

• leeCal
    No @Chloe_Scope we didn’t go out we had household chores to do ☹️

But on Sunday we went to a local church and had a look around for half an hour, better than nothing. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Yesterday my goal was to cut my sons hair! I’ve never done it before and his hair looked really in need, so I revved up my clippers and off we went. It turned out ok ish mainly because his hair is so fine it just laid there! Flat as a pancake. Never mind, trauma for both of us over. He hasn’t been well lately so that’s why he hadn’t been to a barbers for months.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    Well done @leeCal reminds me to get mine and my sons hair done in case we go into lockdown again
  • leeCal
    Good thinking @janer1967 , it could happen by the sounds of things.
    ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    It could though watching the news today it seems though they are going to be taking more measures they are hoping not to go into full lockdown and keep the economy going and keep school open

Then a few minutes later I get a call from school asking if we have internet access and laptop (hmm) they said they just want to be prepared as last time with little notice they didnt know who could complete work at home  ? watch this space
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello 
    I have decided to write my own spec medical drama script for the bbc

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• leeCal
    My goal this afternoon is to clean my windows!

good luck @Globster sounds interesting.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    I really like a medical drama @Globster one of my favourite things to watch
  • Globster
    edited September 2020
    I have decided not to my medical script because there already medical dramas on the BBC.
    But I am going to write a new television drama which had not been done yet  

• 66Mustang
    That sounds interesting @Globster
  • 66Mustang
    Today I went to the dentist just for a check up. My teeth are all good luckily:smiley:
  • leeCal
    You’re lucky @66Mustang I really should see one for a filling but I’ve had such bad experiences with dentists that it puts me off.

i must bite the bullet though and see one soon, or perhaps I should stop biting bullets! Ha ha.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds great @Globster!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness