My goal today - Page 16 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Apart from a little meditation all I’ve done today is go for a short walk. Nice though, I saw a magnificent swan on a boating lake. I didn’t have anything to feed it though.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    You’re lucky @66Mustang I really should see one for a filling but I’ve had such bad experiences with dentists that it puts me off.

i must bite the bullet though and see one soon, or perhaps I should stop biting bullets! Ha ha.
    Haha that made me laugh  :p
  • 66Mustang
    Just to follow up the second part made me laugh not the first!! I’m sorry you’ve had bad experiences in the past :( I can recommend a really good dentist if you are anywhere near me...I’m in the south east.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Easier said than done, but it's definitely better to go in case it gets any worse @leeCal. Does anyone you know have a recommendation for a dentist that they know is understanding and gentle? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • leeCal
    @66mustang thank you for the offer but we do have lots of dentists around. I’m in the south east as well, they call it north east Essex actually, but I won’t be specific if you don’t mind. Thanks though ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    Yes I understand not wanting to be specific I was being purposefully vague as well then realised the south east is a big area so not much help haha!

I agree with Tori_Scope though that it is better to get the little things sorted out now than deal with bigger problems in the future, a stitch in time saves nine and all that.
  • leeCal
    Well yes @Tori_Scope, but parking seems to be a problem. I don’t like to have to walk too far from the car, not laziness but anxiety. I did move and there is a local,one which I haven’t heard of before so perhaps I could enquire about that one. Trouble is they say raise your hand if you want me to stop but the last one I saw didn’t stop! Honestly I’ve had bd experiences with so many dentists I can’t tell you, though I did say I’d had a dentist begin a route canal drilling without giving me an anaesthetic. Terrible pain instantly. It’s not easy to forget such a thing but I’ve had other things happen too, all resulting in pain I might add. ☹️

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    I agree @66Mustang, I’d advise anyone to go sooner rather than later myself. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Oh dear, that's terrible @leeCal :( You could always go and check out the parking situation in the new place before you enquire. I'd like to think that if you explained the situation they'd be extra careful in making sure you were comfortable, but I understand why you'd be worried about the reality of that based on your past experiences! Have you looked at reviews online? 

• leeCal
    No, I haven’t looked @Tori_Scope, I have been avoiding thinking about it and it had slipped my mind TIL five minutes ago! Ha ha. I’ll take a look at reviewers comments though, it’s a good idea. Thank you.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    No problem @leeCal :) Take the plunge at your own pace!

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm with you there @leeCal, major needle and dentist phobia... always made things interesting! Luckily I have only ever needed one filling, but was able to get it done at the hospital. This meant they could take more time and have more things on hand to make the process as easy as possible. Yes I put it off for far too long, but glad it is now sorted. :)
    Scope

• leeCal
    My goal today was to wait in for a package to be delivered. Not a problem, I’m always waiting in ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Did you order anything exciting @leeCal?

• leeCal
    @Tori_Scope believe it or not my son has a 3d printer and he made a large guide comb for me to fit my clippers. The idea is that the guide comb prevents the clippers from cutting too short. The one he has made me isn’t made so I’m intrigued. Unfortunately he’s sent it by second class so who knows when it’ll turn up. I am looking forward to receiving it though. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That sounds great @leeCal! I really hope it works and you find it helpful. It's amazing what 3D printers can do!
    Scope

• leeCal
    edited September 2020
    @Chloe_Scope I can’t beleeeeve I’m still waiting for my package to be delivered. It was posted up north on Monday via Hermes and it still hasn’t appeared down south! I could have biked quicker, if I had a bike and I peddled fast without sleep or food stops.
    annoyed somewhat.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Oops thank you for all the birthday messages  <3 I had a great time! 

@leeCal That's frustrating, I hope it turns up soon!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello 
    I hope you are all well?
     I hope you are keeping busy and keeping safe?
    It is truly been a busy few days for me start a new course last Thursday thankfully I have caught up with the work now  starting a week one week later then the other students in the online class but was my fault it was there mistake  
    I have been the scope online this week I will hope write a new poem and put on online scope forum in next few days 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• leeCal
    Hi @Globster, I’m glad you’ve been busy, there’s an old saying “busy hands are happy hands.” Good luck with the course and everything. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness