Places to visit bucket list — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Places to visit bucket list

Options
Ross_Alumni
Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
Hello :) 

After yesterday's discussion about your favourite places that you've been, I thought I should make it into a little weekend duo and ask what places are on your bucket list? What country, city or other location would you love to go to in the future?

A few of mine would be
  • California
  • Berlin
  • Stonehenge
  • Iceland
  • I'd love to go to one of the Disneyland locations one day too

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very interesting topic there here are a few of mine

New York
    Los Angeles
    Dubai (and watch the grand prix)
    Caribean Cruise
    Machu Pichu
    Lapland

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Now I've seen a few of yours @janer1967 I'm regretting not picking them myself :D 

I'd most love to visit Lapland and go on a Caribbean cruise, both great suggestions :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    Options
    Thanks @Ross_Scope You have got me wanting to go away now with this post but I suppose that wont be happening in the current pandemic
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’d like to visit niagra falls, and go to Venice. Also see the Rockies and Canada, and see the ice hotel and northern lights. I’d also like to walk a while on the Great Wall of China and visit the Himalayas and Tibet. So many lovely places to go, I expect I’ll think of some more later.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,643 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would go anywhere, I’m not fussy, I just love travelling.:smiley:

I do prefer the non tourist areas though. When I go to a foreign place I prefer to go away from the areas popular with tourists and instead see the authentic side of the place.
  • Ross_Alumni
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Yes that's definitely true @janer1967, it's certainly going to be a while before my next holiday.

All great suggestions @leeCal, hopefully you get to some of those one day :)  The Northern Lights and Venice in particular look stunning.

That's interesting @66Mustang, I see where you're coming from. The heavily populated areas can get quite irritating after a while, almost feels like you don't get enough peace to enjoy your surroundings. I definitely enjoy getting that feeling of authenticity whenever I visit somewhere.

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    I've been to a few of the places mentioned. Venice is stunning and a favourite, been there twice. I love Italy and have seen a good deal of it. 
    But the one place I have always wanted to see and is on my bucket list is Monument Valley in Arizona - Utah.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @Dragonslayer, that sounds like a good choice :) What is it that makes you want to visit there in particular?

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    • New York
    • Fiji
    • Holland 
    • Germany
    Scope

• janer1967
    Options
    Just to add a few more

Australia and New Zealand
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Yes, the Black Forest in Germany (where the gateaux comes from ?)
    some beautiful places in Switzerland and Austria.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    Options
    Agree Austria is beautiful was my first trip abroad but that was 38 years ago 

Always remember  glacier standing in the snow with sun blazing down 
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    @Ross_Scope Its has the most beautiful scenery and rock formations. It is also a sacred place to native Americans. It is the place John Ford (film director) used to film westerns a long time ago now. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd love to go to Cuba before it gets fully Americanised.

I'm half Canadian so I've been to a couple of places in Canada, but I'd really love to go to Vancouver.

I also want to visit Europe. Pretty vague I know, but the only time I've been is France for one day in primary school, so I'd love to properly go and visit some places.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Sounds great @Dragonslayer, I hope you get to go there one day :) 

And I'm somewhat similar @Tori_Scope, I've been to Germany and Ibiza but that's about it, there are so many places in Europe I'd love to visit. My partner wants to do a European road trip one day.

• janer1967
    Options
    Maybe a cruise would be ideal to stop off at many places in Europe (take me with you though)
  • Tori_Scope
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Scope online community members trip around Europe @janer1967? I'm sure it'd be easy to organise... :D 

A cruise or roadtrip are great ideas. I like the idea of interrailing too. 

• janer1967
    Options
    That would be good @Tori_Scope could be your mission to organise 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,643 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like the idea of a European road trip!

If it wasn’t obvious from my username I love cars/driving, as well as travelling. I thought a road trip would be a great idea and for me a way of combining two passions.

Ideally a GT (grand tourer) car is needed first :)

On a more realistic note I do hope to take my Motability car into Europe - even just France - at least once before I have to hand it back. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    That sounds great @66Mustang

Brightness