Places to visit bucket list - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Places to visit bucket list

Comments

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Flying high in a hot air balloon over the Grand Canyon.
    Much better I think than in a helicopter.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    @Dragonslayer more peaceful definitely
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    I’d like to see the alps too and parts of Canada and a Norwegian fjord or two.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Dragonslayer
    Full trip from Paris to the middle east on the Orient sxpress.

Maybe get involved in an Agatha Christie murder. Lol. ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @Dragonslayer - a trip on the Orient Express was on my wish list too; I'd get to re-visit Venice, but also see Vienna, which I've not visited.
    I can't choose between seeing Austria or Venice again, so this would definitely be on my 'bucket list.'
    I'd also like to go to Barcelona, & visit Figueres to see Salvador Dali's birthplace & art as he's my favourite artist.
  • Dragonslayer
    I would also love to see Vienna @chiarieds. I have been to Barcelona on a weekend trip. I loved it, but sadly caught flu while I was there, luckily it was towards the end of the trip but it did make the journey home weird. 

• Dragonslayer
    I have been lucky to see many of the great places in Europe, and there are many places I still want to see. But now as I am with pain from walking and the problems it brings to sometimes even stand upright. I wonder if I will get to see more. 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  Sorry a little late to the party, this is a great thread thank you for starting it :) I am planning a road trip to America with my brothers and sister. We are planning it for 2026 to coincide with the 2026 World Cup (not that the World Cup is the most important element :) ) It's definitely a bucket list wish but I like planning :) My friend has helped me create a bucket list and I have to do one a year, NO PRESSURE :) I know they are not for everyone but it seems to work for me, I wasn't bothered before but you never stop learning about yourself :) Thank you for letting me ramble :) Thank you 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Wow @WestHam06! That'd be an incredible experience! 

What else do you have on the bucket list? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds great @WestHam06! You'll have to let us know what you get up to! 
    Scope

• WestHam06
    Hi @Tori_Scope,
                                 Thank you, it certainly would and we would be extremely fortunate to experience it.  I have many things on my bucket list, it seems to be growing quicker than they are being ticked off :) These things include completing the London Marathon for charity, helping to build a school abroad, climbing a mountain, and riding a motorbike on route 66 in America.   Please may I ask, do you have a bucket list? Thank you
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Chloe_Scope
                                   Thank you and if we manage to do it, I will most certainly let you know what we get up too :) Please may I ask, do you have a bucket list? Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you can get back to Europe one day @Dragonslayer  and visit some of those places on your bucket list :) What would you say is the best part of Europe? Where would you recommend? 

That sounds fantastic @WestHam06, doing it in 2026 gives you plenty of time to plan it, do you think you will try and attend a few World Cup matches while you're there? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dragonslayer
    I'm. sure I will get back to Europe sometime in the future. @Ross_Scope.  My all time favourite place is Ita!y. I've seen Venice twice, Florence twice, Pizza, Rome. The Sistine Chape! Is awesome. Attended, just by Chance a ceremony held by the Pope. And been to a few other place in the country and still have many other places to see over there.
    My condition now holds me back from doing things now. It is something I have to put behind me and deal with.
    Covid doesn't help either. I did put 2021 in my mind as a full year holiday, but needed a operation to help with my condition, but the virus had other ideas.
    The future for everyone seems daunting to say the least. Especially now another spike is looming. Like everyone else I am in a sit and wait scenario. 
  • LolasLovingauntyuk
    LolasLovingauntyuk Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    disneyworld orlando and paris
  • LolasLovingauntyuk
    northern lights
  • LolasLovingauntyuk
  • 66Mustang
    @WestHam06 A USA trip sounds good. I agree waiting until 2026 gives you a lot of time to prepare and hopefully by then things like travel will be back to normal. I also would like to go to the USA and hire a Ford Mustang as it is one of my favourite cars.
  • 66Mustang
    I agree it is sad that Covid has put a stop to a lot of travel plans. It is a bit less exotic but we have had to postpone my Scotland trip sadly. :( But, I would rather go when there are less restrictions than go up there now and have to work around everything going on.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Great suggestions @LolasLovingauntyuk, I'd love to go to the Northern Lights and Disneyland. They both look so beautiful. 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness