Video Games - Page 10 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Games

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I always liked populous, I thought it was brilliant and the fifa games especially  fifa99.
    im not a gamer, can you tell?!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Just a bit @leeCal :) 

To be fair those old versions of FIFA were classic, much better than the modern editions in my opinion.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    There are a few outlets offering pre orders for the PS5. I believe it is due around mid November. But I can't help thinking that new consoles had some teething problems when first released and so maybe it could be wiser to wait a little while. Especially when I read things online like. Sonys team didn't have time to build in and make it backward compatible with every other console, like the PS3. It doesn't matter for me for it will be OK for my PS4 discs. As long as I buy one with a disc player built in.
    Any thoughts? ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That does look amazing @Ross_Scope
    Scope

• Ross_Alumni
    It's due out on November 19th @Dragonslayer, and yeah quite a few outlets have been offering pre-orders but they're all sold out :D 

You're right, there will likely be teething issues like with most new gadgets, but I'm sure they'll be ironed out. The backwards compatibility doesn't overly matter to me either. I'm happy that it can play PS4 games but with the emergence of video game streaming and the constant re-mastering a re-releasing of old games, backwards compatibility isn't as necessary as it once seemed.

And it does indeed @Chloe_Scope, I just hope it's accessible enough :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Yeah there is that @Ross_Scope... is there anyway of finding out the accessibility before it comes out?
    Scope

• Ross_Alumni
    You tend to have to rely on the developer publicising that information @Chloe_Scope , at this stage it's not exactly something that mainstream news outlets tend to pick up on, unless it's a groundbreaking level of accessibility. 

• Dragonslayer
    In am wondering if, or how many outlets will trade PS4 for a PS5 when buying?  I think Game will, not sure about others.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Interesting question @Dragonslayer, I will try and find out about that over the weekend. 

I will be keeping my PS4, because I'm nostalgic :) 

• Dragonslayer
    Thanks @Ross_Scope  I don't think I will be keeping my PS4 now I know the PS5 will be back compatible. I used to keep everything a while ago and still have some old consoles, but I never use them.
    Nowadays I think it better to get some discount trade in for them. But I have decided to wait a while before buying a PS5 probably until 2021. No real reason, I'm just not ready to rush into the Christmas rush. 

• Ross_Alumni
    That makes sense @Dragonslayer, at this rate even if you did want one straight away it would be a challenge being able to order one. They're selling out so quickly.

As far as I can find, there isn't a trade in scheme as of yet, but I wouldn't say it's something that's impossible. Something may happen closer to the time. 

• Dragonslayer
    I don't think many places will offer to trade in @Ross_Scope for the throw away culture gets stronger every year.  What we are supposed to do with old things like consoles we dont want anymore is anyone's guess 
    I know there are places out there to dispose of them in the correct way. But I think it would be much better to give them to others that could make better use of them. 
    It's a pity the places to do so are not advertised as much. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Could always take it to a Scope shop:smiley:

I agree with your thoughts though @Dragonslayer

To be honest, I guess shops offer trade in schemes when they want to boost sales. With that in mind, they have no need to offer such an incentive right now as everyone is buying the new consoles regardless. As said maybe in a few months some offers will start to appear.
  • Ross_Alumni
    That's very true @66Mustang.

There is always the option of taking it to be traded in for cash @Dragonslayer, or as mentioned above to a charity shop. I agree there aren't many ways of getting rid of old consoles, but there are a couple. Do you have any you want to dispose of?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I've been a gamer on a mulitude of formats since way back in the early 80's starting on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum, some classic games back then, my first console was the SNES, bought in 1991 for Super Tennis, still arguably the greatest console Tennis sim ever in my opinion, then I had the PS1, and then I went back to Nintendo for the N64, great wrestling games! And npow I've had all 3 generations of Xbox and have preorderred the Series S.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I've been a gamer on a mulitude of formats since way back in the early 80's starting on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum, some classic games back then, my first console was the SNES, bought in 1991 for Super Tennis, still arguably the greatest console Tennis sim ever in my opinion, then I had the PS1, and then I went back to Nintendo for the N64, great wrestling games! And npow I've had all 3 generations of Xbox and have preorderred the Series S.

That is a long and interesting gaming career you have there :)

Do you still have your early consoles?
  • Ross_Alumni

As mentioned above, you have an interesting history with games :):smile:

Is there anything in particular you are playing at the moment?

• Dragonslayer
    Kingdoms of Amular, certainly lives up to its boast of being a long one. I have been playing for 70hrs now and still have a long way to go to the end.
    There are 200 or more side quests alone, and many faction and main quests to boot.
    It has been very enjoyable though and I'm pleased I got it.

I am looking forward to next month when Valhalla, the latest assassins creed comes out. And they have already made it playable on the PS5 

• Ross_Alumni
    Those little side quests are often my favourite part of games like that @Dragonslayer, how are you getting along with the game?

• Dragonslayer
    At the moment I have done 135 side quests and left 4 main quests to finish. there are 2 DLC's  and I am now on my second one. I am really impressed with the game, even though it is an old one. You are quite right side quests can be as good as the main ones at it is certainly right in this game. For 34£ it is well worth buying it you like RPG's 

Brightness