Advise about employer and my sickness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advise about employer and my sickness

Options
leonas
leonas Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Hi just wondered does anyone have advice I am due to see my employer nexk week as I have been on esa for 12months now due to multiple fractures of the spine due to me having osteoporosis I have had a call ftom my Consultant who is now going to give me injection to help with this problem hopefully to strengthen my bones can my employer sack me due to ill health. Just need some advice he has already made my job easier beforei went sick  by putting me in the office instead of the warehouse. Any advice would be really helpful thank you Leona. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi simple answer is yes they can dismiss in grounds of I'll health 

Have you been of sick and how long? 

If a decent employer they will refer you to OH for an assessment and meet with you to go through your options either return to work if fit or resign or medical dismissal 

Dont resign 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Options
    HI,

They can't "sack" you. They can dismiss you because of ill health. If you haven't spoken to ACAS then i'd advise you to do this before you see your employer next week. https://www.acas.org.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leonas, how are you doing? Just wanted to check in to see if there was any more support we could offer. Good luck this week with the meeting. :)
    Scope

Brightness