Pip Renewal and extension... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Renewal and extension...

Loverofwords
Loverofwords Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Hi guys,
This is my first post here, but I have been lurking in the background for a while.
I've searched the threads and I can't seem to find the answer I am after, so apologies if this has been asked before and I haven't seen it.

I was awarded PIP last year following MR going from 0 points at initial assessment up to 12 followinhg MR. My award was backdated and given for 2 years.
My claim end date is today, however I did recieve the extension notice telling me it would be extended until Feb2020. Inbetween this time I have recieved and sent off my renewal form but have not heard anything back except from the confirmation text to state they have recieved my form.

Will my extension still be in place?
Am I still likely to recieve payments as no decision has been made of as of yet?
I hope this makes sense, and look forward to your responses.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning @Loverofwords hope you are ok today? An award will remain in place during a decision being made for a renewal. They always send renewals out around 6 months before an award ends, as long as they have acknowledged receipt of your renewal all you can do is sit back and wait, there are no face 2 face assessments taking place still, so it will either be paper based or a telephone assessment.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Loverofwords
    @woodbine thanks so much for your speedy response. Yes, they definitely acknowledged reciept of this back in August when I returned the forms with some more evidence as my condition has worsened since my initial claim and I am now on an excessive amount of medications, including Immunosuppresants. A paper based review would be fabulous, and hopefully a telephone assessment won't be as daunting as my initial home assessment was.
    I think, like most I worry about not hearing anything because of how long the process took last time and also how much I had to prove about my condition as it's not one that is commonly known or talked about as far as I am aware.
    I hope you are well?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    woodbine said:
    Good morning @Loverofwords hope you are ok today? An award will remain in place during a decision being made for a renewal. They always send renewals out around 6 months before an award ends, as long as they have acknowledged receipt of your renewal all you can do is sit back and wait, there are no face 2 face assessments taking place still, so it will either be paper based or a telephone assessment.
    Good luck

That's not exactly correct. It depends how long the decision takes. If the worst happens and it's not made by Feb 2021 (as i'm sure the date quoted above 2020 is a typo and should be 2021)  the award will end and if successfully awarded it's backdated to the date it stopped.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Loverofwords
    @poppy123456 yes, I did mean 2021. (Feels weird to type that!) So, even though my end date is today, and I returned the AR1 in August, my extention will still apply until a decsion is made within this timeframe. I'm confused because I thought the AR1 then made the extention exempt.
    I haven't had any notification that my award has ended today or that a decision has been made as of yet.

Thanks once again for all your help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    You're award is still extended to Feb 2021. The review form doesn't make the extension exempt.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    woodbine said:
    Good luck

That's not exactly correct. It depends how long the decision takes. If the worst happens and it's not made by Feb 2021 (as i'm sure the date quoted above 2020 is a typo and should be 2021)  the award will end and if successfully awarded it's backdated to the date it stopped.
    yes sorry poppy123456 you are 100% correct. 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.