PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I have My Decision on PIP!

GamerGirl37GamerGirl37 Member Posts: 94 Pioneering
Got the letter this morning I’ve been allowed the Daily living rate :-) and it’s back tracking from 2019 , does this mean it’s done now or can it be. Taken away from the government? 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 10,028 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news 

Was it just from the application or was it decided at tribunal 

Either way that should be the end if it till next review 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. I'm assuming this is the Tribunal decision. It can take 2-8 weeks sometimes longer to receive backdated money after a Tribunal win. All you can do now is wait for DWP to contact you.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,550

Scope community team

Great news @GamerGirl37 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @GamerGirl37 - very pleased to see your update; thank you for sharing. :)
  • GamerGirl37GamerGirl37 Member Posts: 94 Pioneering
    The decision was from the Tribuneral call I had last week , so do I just wait for the DWP to sent me a letter confirming it? 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Standard procedure is for DWP to contact you asking you if you've been in hospital or prison recently and for you to confirm bank details.

They also have the same chance we do to appeal the decision and to do this they must first request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings from HMCTS. Once they receive this they must find the error in law before they can appeal. They sometimes request the SOR and ROP but rarely appeal it. If they request these it doesn't mean they are appealing the decision.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • GamerGirl37GamerGirl37 Member Posts: 94 Pioneering
    Okay thank you! 
Sign in or join us to comment.