I have My Decision on PIP! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have My Decision on PIP!

GamerGirl37
GamerGirl37 Community member Posts: 97 Pioneering
Got the letter this morning I’ve been allowed the Daily living rate :-) and it’s back tracking from 2019 , does this mean it’s done now or can it be. Taken away from the government? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news 

Was it just from the application or was it decided at tribunal 

Either way that should be the end if it till next review 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. I'm assuming this is the Tribunal decision. It can take 2-8 weeks sometimes longer to receive backdated money after a Tribunal win. All you can do now is wait for DWP to contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @GamerGirl37 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @GamerGirl37 - very pleased to see your update; thank you for sharing. :)
  • GamerGirl37
    The decision was from the Tribuneral call I had last week , so do I just wait for the DWP to sent me a letter confirming it? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Standard procedure is for DWP to contact you asking you if you've been in hospital or prison recently and for you to confirm bank details.

They also have the same chance we do to appeal the decision and to do this they must first request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings from HMCTS. Once they receive this they must find the error in law before they can appeal. They sometimes request the SOR and ROP but rarely appeal it. If they request these it doesn't mean they are appealing the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GamerGirl37
    Okay thank you! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.