My goal today - Page 18 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope that all goes well @66Mustang! What are you studying?

Today I've got work (hanging out with you lovely people!) then tonight I'm catching up with a friend over facetime. :)
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm studying economics. :)

Your plans sound good. :smile:

Where do I sign up to post on this forum as a job?

Only joking, I know you have to do other stuff as well hehe :smiley:
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    My goal today is to get out again if I can, I need to be accompanied if possible you see so I rely on my partner to help out in that regard.

i do have a reason to celebrate a little though because my pip was extended for seven months, it was due to run out in March next year. So that’s a temporary weight off my mind, yay! ? 

@66Mustang you’d be a good scope poster I reckon ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @leecal hope you get out I'm the same need to be accompanied and only have my son to help so my outings have to fit round school 

@66Mustang you could always become a champion like some of us are but it is voluntary work 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Is to try and focus on how my condition affects me, so I'm not a jibbering idiot when I get my dreaded but needed telephone assessment on 14 October...yay! I dont have to do face to face...feeling oddly detached about everything at the mo...
  • janer1967
    @Cress Good luck for the assessment try and not dwell on it I know thats easy for me to say but keeping calm will b e the best way ti deal with it

Will you have someone with you for support at the time
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Thank you @janer1967 no support, I'm very much a loner type...it's something I'd prefer to do alone anyway...I can only cope with people online lol.
    At least here, everyone understands what you're going through...
  • janer1967
    I do agree @Cress I am not a loner myself though I am on my own mist if the day. But I agree I prefer to do things like assessments on my own

Its great coming on here is great and knowing others can empathise with what you are going through and also helping others get through their own issues

Let us know how the assessment goes
  • 66Mustang
    @leecal thanks that’s very kind :)

@janer1967 what does being a champion involve?

@cress good luck with the assessment I hope it goes well. I’ve never had a telephone assessment as I can’t really use the phone but I’ve had face to face ones and I agree staying calm and just being honest is the best way forward.
  • janer1967
    @66Mustang being a champion involves welcoming new members and giving advice on a voluntary basis and ensuring members safeguarding by reporting concerns 

There is a section  about it explaining if you look for volunteering opportunities 

You do some safeguarding training and have a months probation period there are no fixed hours or anything 

Have a look see if it's something you are interested in 
  • 66Mustang
    @janer1967 thanks I will have a look :):)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @66Mustang - you can also get involved in really challenging things like counting to 200 (as the goalposts seemed to move!). Now who was it that started that game, hmmm....? :)
  • 66Mustang
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @66Mustang - you can also get involved in really challenging things like counting to 200 (as the goalposts seemed to move!). Now who was it that started that game, hmmm....? :)
    Hehehe :)

I do feel a bit guilty starting that game as it’s a bit, not spam as such, but encourages lots and lots of posts, I don’t know if that’s frowned upon on forums?

Do you think it’s time we put it to bed now we achieved the 200 or should we keep it running? :)
  • chiarieds
    Hi @66Mustang - don't worry, other games produce a lot of posts.....but perhaps not as quickly as on occasion with your post! Perhaps try something different?
    Seriously tho, both you & @leecal would make great online volunteers. :)
  • 66Mustang
    I’m really interested in having a go at being one now, having read about it! However, one issue, the link appears not to work. Is this something that needs raising with the Scope team or perhaps they just have enough volunteers for now and don’t need any more? 

https://www.scope.org.uk/volunteering/volunteering-opportunities/?keyword=online+community+champion

Thanks. :)
  • chiarieds
    Hi @66Mustang - I found the link didn't work either, as I was going to post a link here for you. I would ask any member of the Scope team as I think there's always a need for volunteers. :)
  • janer1967
    @66Mustang @Adrian_Scope is the person to ask about becoming a champion 
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    @chiarieds I hope people were not put off with the constant posts on the counting game.  It was fun beating the admins and the reaction this morning.  You might be right though, did we spoil it by naking the target almost unbeatable?  Thanks to all who contributed.
  • janer1967
    Well done to you all but must admit I had 104 email alerts last night when I checked b4 going to bed lol
  • chiarieds
    @roberttaylor570 - it certainly was fun, as well as a challenge! I think we all enjoyed it, & the Scope team were good sports too. :)

Brightness