universal credit help please - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

universal credit help please

Comments

• timis2
    timis2 Community member Posts: 29 Listener
    So if I was in reciept of pip (rates above) and working the 30 hours I should not of been put on lwrca is that correct 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    timis2 said:
    So if I was in reciept of pip (rates above) and working the 30 hours I should not of been put on lwrca is that correct 

You could have worked 30 hours and been referred for the work capability assessment if there were no gaps in your fit notes. A PIP award doesn't automatically entitle you to LCWRA. Did you continue to send in fit notes and makes sure there were no gaps? or did you just send the 1?

You will not be able to claim the SDP with your ESA. Also do be aware that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming ESA then this can go against you once the decision is made on your work capability assessment.

Please get some advice from an advice centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • timis2
    Yes I understand that I was working ..but I was never sent for a lwrca by universal credit .I av medical letters proving I sud not of been working this many hours can I back date lwrca with medical evidence.i know i cant get a med 3 cert back dated but do have a comformation letter from dr .I have asked from a mandatory reconsideration is this the right thing.

• timis2
    Also now have a med 3 cert stating I'm only to work 10 hours a week I've applied for esa they telling me can get u credit will still send me for lwrca is this correct 
  • poppy123456
    Medical letters will not help you here. If you didn't continue to send in fit notes with no breaks then this is where your problems lies. There shouldn't have been any breaks in your fit notes. With no breaks then you would have been referred for the work capability assessment.

A mandatory reconsideration will not help and will be wasting your time and theirs because there's nothing to request the MR for. You simply weren't referred because you didn't continue to send in the fit notes from your GP.

The reason you weren't receiving any payments for UC was most likely because your earnings were reducing it to zero so no payments were made.

LCWRA will not be backdated because the award doesn't exist, you weren't assessed and no decision was made.

May i ask if you need help with any rent payments? If you do then you will need to make a rapid reclaim for UC through your journal because you can't claim housing benefit because it no longer exists. You will also need to send fit notes in to start the limited capability for work process off and continue to send them until you've been assessed and a decision's been made on your claim.

You can continue with your New style ESA claim but this will be deducted £1 for £1 from any UC entitlement.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2020
    timis2 said:
    Also now have a med 3 cert stating I'm only to work 10 hours a week I've applied for esa they telling me can get u credit will still send me for lwrca is this correct 

In a ccomment yesterday you said you stopped claiming Universal Credit? It's extremely difficult to try to help because there's a lot of confusing information and you're not answering any questions that i've asked you. You won't be able to backdated the LCWRA element if you're awarded it unless you continued to send in the fit notes from your GP without any breaks.
  • timis2
    I understand I'm trying to find out now...from 1st nov I will recieve esa as have med 3 cert stating I can only work 10 hours a week I have filled in a permitted work form .will I get limited capcity to work from u c  I know I will av to av have an assessment 
  • timis2
    My concern is that I do av med 3 certificate statingonly to work 10 hours ..but wat if the medical assesmt for lwrca says I can work more hours when I physically cant do it
  • poppy123456
    You said you cancelled your UC claim, is this correct? Please answer this question.
  • timis2
    Also wat rate of lwrca sud I be on as there are 2 different levels I'm just trying  to work out wat income I will have.
  • poppy123456
    timis2 said:
    Also wat rate of lwrca sud I be on as there are 2 different levels I'm just trying  to work out wat income I will have.

You still haven't answered my question.... did you cancel your claim for universal credit?

There is only 1 payment because your claim started after April 2017. If you're given LCWRA then you'll receive extra money, if the decision is just LCW there will not be any extra money.
  • timis2
    All paperwork has been sent to dwp have spoke to esa who said from 1st nov I will be entitled.so contacted u credit and I formed them of this change .but esa have said becauce sdp no longer exists uc sud be paying me a disabilty premium 
  • timis2
    I'm so confused by all of it to be honest
  • timis2
    U c contacted me today and said I will now be assessed as to lwrca 
  • poppy123456
    timis2 said:
    .but esa have said becauce sdp no longer exists uc sud be paying me a disabilty premium 

Hmm nope, that's not correct. You will not be able to claim the SDP or any other disability premium because it no longer exists for you. The disability premiums do not exist in Universal Credit.

You need to send the fit notes and continue to send them until you're assessed for the work capability assessment. Once the decision's been made it will either be LCWRA, LCW or fit for work. If it's LCWRA then you'll recieve extra money.

I will assume that you're claiming both ESA and Universal Credit? This means that your ESA will be deducted £1 for £1 from any Universal Credit entitlement.
  • timis2
    I have limited capacity for work ten hours a week my med 3 cert is for a year so I will get esa 74 a week I will do permitted work and get 87 a week so trying to find d out wat else I can claim will it be uc or after assessment lwrca
  • poppy123456
    timis2 said:
    U c contacted me today and said I will now be assessed as to lwrca 

It's not called LCWRA it's the work capability assessment. Whether the decision will be LCWRA will totally depend on how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work. It's about the work you can do and not the work you can't do.

I don't think i can give you anymore advice than i already have.

Good luck with the assessment and i hope you get the decision that's right for you.
  • timis2
    If it states on my med 3 certificate I can only work ten hours a week will I still need an assessment for lwrca 
  • poppy123456
    Yes of course. For the work capability assessment most people have telephone assessments because at the moment face to face assessments are still suspended.

Although if they can't get enough of information from the telephone assessment a face to face assessment maybe needed once they are back up an running again and a decision won't be made until that has been completed.
  • timis2
    Thank you you are the only person who has actually explained things properly thank you very much for your patience and understanding .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.