My goal today - Page 19 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Options

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,581 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @66Mustang I notice that you’re a disability game changer, what do you do to be awarded that title, if you don’t mind me asking?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leeCal it is down to the number of posts you have made I dont know how many you have to make to get the name one of the admin team will be able to answer 
  • leeCal
    Options
    Thank you @janer1967 ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was going to reply saying the same thing, but @leeCal I see you've made slightly more posts than 66Mustang, so I'm unsure. As Jane says, ask one of Admin about it.
    I know there can be glitches, as one day I went from a 'Disability Gamechanger', back to a 'Listener' which new people to the forum are given. I was 're-instated' the same day! :)
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    @leeCal I'd complain, this is clearly discrimination...I m pioneering and I've only made 147 posts....?
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Options
    Just a rhetorical question I suppose but do you think we all need to set a goal for the day?  Most of mine are fairly well filled with various things and sometimes the goal, if you can call it that, is to do what you planned to do.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leeCal and @chiarieds I wonder if it us to do with number of likes ? 

Maybe one of the admin can explain it to us 

@Adrian_Scope @Chloe_Scope
  • Cress
    Options
    Oh I hope not! I've got enough of an inferiority complex lol
  • leeCal
    Options
    I’m not worried about the label, I just wondered.

@roberttaylor570 this thread is just a chance for a chat about whatever we might be doing on a particular day. Some people need to make something a specific goal to motivate themselves and others not, the goals can be very trivial to us but quite a difficult step for another.

youll have noticed perhaps that some days no one posts on this thread at all, which means maybe others agree with you on that day at least.

today my goal was to get out of my house for a change just to be outside and I achieved that goal, and I feel better for it. Trivial for some but extremely difficult for others. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• roberttaylor570
    Options
    @leeCal Thank you.  I am involved with a group which helps men get together to talk about their worries and get advice from other men in the same situation.  It helps combat Social Isolation and I think for many it should be their goal for that day.  We are limited at the moment to groups of six where we used to have twenty plus.  The Mens Shed movement is a fantastic way to get out of the "four walls".

I guessed this would be the answer and it helps so many to focus on doing something.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The different labels are just supposed to be a 'fun' way of acknowledging a member. I must say I was surprised when suddenly I became a 'Disability Gamechanger,' but didn't know why. What's important is how we try to help & support each other, as well as new members; that's the spirit of this community.
    The 'likes' are somewhat arbitrary.....a member can post trying to be helpful & not get 'likes;' perhaps this is sometimes balanced by others joining in appreciating that someone has tried to be helpful/appreciating their efforts?
    As far as goals go, as mentioned, they can be what others may consider trivial, but a big step for another. I do try to achieve something each day, but when it's not possible, I've learnt not to feel too bad about it. I also feel better when I do achieve even something small, but it's not every day.
  • roberttaylor570
    Options
    This is wonderful for all pf us @chiarieds as I find if someone comes to a session of Men in sheds and they are given a task to do it helps them to have something set to achieve.  I suppose I am one of the fairly fortunate ones as before lockdown my diary was full with external activities.  I am on the Executive Committee of Gillingham and Rainham Constituency Labour Party, a member of the Gillingham North Branch, a Member of Medway Branch of The Co-operative Party, a Retired Unite Member and on the Church Council of my Church.  So the goals I have are surrounding these activities and vary from day to day.  I certainly do not regard anyone's personal goal to be !trivial".  The smallest task can be a mountain to climb for some but to others can be achieved very easily.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, your number of points is based on a combination of the number of posts you've made plus the number of reactions you've received :) So your 'rank' changes according to the number of points you have. I hope that clears things up! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Ahh that makes sense. I thought it was related to the “badges” you earn on your profile.

Today I don’t have any goals as I’m going to be home alone for most of the day so I can’t really do much. Maybe I will try to do some studying :)
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    I agree with @chiarieds on the “likes”. Someone could invaluably help a new member but not get a single “like” for it as the new member is unaware of the system whereas someone else could just post trivial jokes and get lots of “likes” for making people chuckle. I think the important thing is just to be yourself and be as helpful as you can regardless of likes or titles or anything else.

I also just think they are a nice way to acknowledge someone’s post if you don’t feel up to typing up a reply at that moment in time. I often “like” a post when I’m reading on my phone and then come back to respond when I’m on my iPad.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can see that many of you left feedback on Cher's posts on reactions in August. We have read your feedback and are taking it into account :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    What’s everyone’s goals for today?

Mine are to get some things from a shop :D
  • Cress
    Options
    To stop fretting about someone coming to remove my shed tomorrow...why do I always fret about these things? 
    He's just coming to remove a shed...I have absolutely no idea why something like this sends me off on a panic, but it does.

• leeCal
    Options
    Sounds like performance anxiety @Cress I get it too, probably mixed in with a few other anxiety fears as well, things like that are complex. The thing to remember is it’s a one off meeting , presumably, and no one will be judging you any more than people usually do ha ha. 

Funnily enough I need a new shed myself, I have stuff in storage atm. Must be shed time of the year ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness