Pip extended — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip extended

Jiggy
Jiggy Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited October 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my pip was up for renewal and I have been waiting for the letter to fill in but I got a letter the other day saying my pip has been extended till October 2021.iam on a Facebook group and people are saying they had this letter then a month later got the renewal forms come out .I don't believe  everything I read on Facebook so I thought I would ask on here 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Hi @Jiggy! Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the PIP category
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They can reassess you anytime. Your award has been extended as the letter advises but if you receive a review form then you will need to fill it in and return it as normal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jiggy
    Hi,

They can reassess you anytime. Your award has been extended as the letter advises but if you receive a review form then you will need to fill it in and return it as normal.
    So in other words a renewal letter could arrive at anytime?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    In answer yes it could think they are working their way through the backlog and dealing with all those awards that ended and were extended 
  • Jiggy
  • buddy85
    buddy85 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    edited October 2020
    I've also just had my pip extended for 9 months, but have read that others have had review forms just after their extension. 
    Just need to keep on your  toes and prepared 
  • poppy123456
    Jiggy said:
    Hi,

So in other words a renewal letter could arrive at anytime?

Potentially yes. I had a letter a few days ago saying mine was extended until January 2022 and my daughters until November 2021. Both letters say that of we haven't received an award review they will contact us again before the new end date of the award, when that will be is anyone's guess.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ poppy123456, hello, thank you from all the enquiring members who have been helped by your advice from your posts. I to received a letter stating that my pip award is being extended to January 2022 the review was due next jan time as award was ending in April. But a week before receiving the extension I had sent in a change of circumstances so that had not hit the system when the extension was sent. So it will be interesting what happens next.
  • poppy123456
    wilko said:
    @ poppy123456, hello, thank you from all the enquiring members who have been helped by your advice from your posts. I to received a letter stating that my pip award is being extended to January 2022 the review was due next jan time as award was ending in April. But a week before receiving the extension I had sent in a change of circumstances so that had not hit the system when the extension was sent. So it will be interesting what happens next.

Thank you for those kind words! I would fully expect your change of circumstances to carry on and you should have or will receive the PIP2 form.

Good luck with that and if you need any advice please just ask and i'm sure someone will advise you. :)
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Out of interest can you pip be reviewed at any time or only after the day you were given too ? Mines isn’t up to be reviewed till mid 2022 but I was just wondering can pip decided to review you before that if they wish ? 

Also sorry to take over this thread but does the Xmas holidays and New Years affect our pip Payment  dates ?
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2020
    cupcake88 said:
    Out of interest can you pip be reviewed at any time or only after the day you were given too ? Mines isn’t up to be reviewed till mid 2022 but I was just wondering can pip decided to review you before that if they wish ? 

Also sorry to take over this thread but does the Xmas holidays and New Years affect our pip Payment  dates ?

Yes absolutely, they can review you at anytime.

Payments dates for Xmas and New year will totally depend on when you're expecting your payment and as everyone has different payment dates, you'll need to work out when you're dates are and if it falls on a holiday then it will be paid on the last working day. My payment dates do not fall on a closing day for Xmas or New year so mine will be paid as normal.
  • cupcake88
    Do they usually review you before the date on the letter ? Because it my report she recommends I’m reviewed after a year and on my letter it says I have it to 2022 so there’s a chance they could review me before 2022 ? 
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2020
    cupcake88 said:
    Do they usually review you before the date on the letter ? Because it my report she recommends I’m reviewed after a year and on my letter it says I have it to 2022 so there’s a chance they could review me before 2022 ? 

They can review you at anytime, whether they will do that i'm afraid no one can tell you. Although under normal circumstances reviews usually take place about 6 months before the award is due to end. You shouldn't be looking at the review recommendations in the report because it's just a recommendations. Your decision letter will tell you that they will contact you after a certain date.

Please try to relax, i know it's stressful but you've just been awarded and it's quite sometime to go until your review takes place. Once it does they send you review forms in the post. At the moment there's nothing more for you to do.
  • cupcake88
    I find my pip payment so helpful I would hate to have to re apply again so soon . My report did say a year but my letter says to mid July 2022 will I get my Review letter like at the start of 2022 ? Or it could happen before ? 
  • poppy123456
    cupcake88 said:
    I find my pip payment so helpful I would hate to have to re apply again so soon . My report did say a year but my letter says to mid July 2022 will I get my Review letter like at the start of 2022 ? Or it could happen before ? 

As i advised, please don't look at the assessment report review recommendations. Look at your PIP decision letter and it tells you a date when they will contact you from. Reviews are usually 6 months before the award is due to end.

Please try to forget about it for now.
  • cupcake88
    @poppy123456 thank you poppy you know I’m a worrier lol . I know I just recieved mines I have found it very life changing getting pip it’s my only income and it’s given my independence Back .

sorry for taking over thread x 
  • cupcake88
    Thank you so much poppy xx 
  • poppy123456
    lol no worries at all :)
  • Jiggy
    Got my pip form today have filled it in and sent it off first class signed for I'm a little concerned that the royal mail are bow delivering up till 9 pm in my area and none will be there to sign it and it will go back to the post office what are people's view on this. Also how long do I wait for an assessment now as I can do without this in the run up to christmas
  • Jiggy
    Hi @Jiggy! Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the PIP category
    Thank you

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.