My goal today - Page 20 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Options

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @66Mustang I’m finding it difficult to have a goal for today , though I’d like to know a little more about biocentrism. At the moment I know virtually nothing about it but something intrigued me and that was an article saying how biocentrism may point to the existence of a soul from a scientific viewpoint. That’s kind of thing presses buttons for me so I must investigate a little anyway.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leeCal, how are you doing this morning?

My goal for today is to try and stay warm! It's really cold here!
    Scope

• leeCal
    Options
    Not too bad @Chloe_Scope thank you for asking ?
    i have one goal today and that is to phone the Dwp...not something to be taken lightly.

i hope you keep warm, but yay, it’s woolly jumper weather! ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leeCal hope the call goes well and your not waiting on hold too long 
  • leeCal
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Thanks @janer1967 ?
    i have to tell them about a change in circumstances which will mean I can t get esa anymore.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Options
    Forty minutes or so waiting on the line before I got through to a person, actually that’s about normal for me. They have a very annoying tune playing though ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What genre @leeCal? I quite like elevator music, but it really grates on me when companies just play one short segment of a pop song over and over!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not too bad then 
  • leeCal
    Options
    It’s a short piece of elevator music played one over, an ear worm I think you’d call it @Tori_Scope

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Options
    I’m going to try to fix my car today with the help of a good friend, if that works great, if not ...we’ll i would have enjoyed his company and a chat for a while. It’s only the window washer but it’s tricky, is it blocked or is it broken? It’s also in a weird place necessitating removal of the wheel arch splashboard if it’s broken. And I have a cold so it’s a job not to be sneezed at ha ha.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leeCal Good luck to you both fixing that, report back on how it goes  :) I wouldn't know where to start!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    Options
    @Cher_Scope all done! 
    It was quite a struggle but there were two of us. Modern engine compartments are so tightly packed it makes simple jobs very difficult. Never mind I saved the cost of a garage being involved haha. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,609 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Well done @leeCal

I know how satisfying it is to complete jobs on the car. I also know what you mean about modern engines - changing a headlamp bulb was a real struggle on my last cars as everything was squashed in under the bonnet.

What turned out to be wrong with it in the end?
  • leeCal
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The windscreen washer pump had gone kaput. Some people,have said that using cheap screen washer can ruin themand I had used such stuff lately, so may have been that.
    we took off the wheel arch liner and got at it like that, it’s the only way apart from removing the front bumper, it’s a Renault cio. @66Mustang it took roughly an hour and the part was £20.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great, well done :) from a garage I’m guessing you wouldn’t have got much change out of £150?
  • leeCal
    Options
    I think you’re right @66Mustang, thanks ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Options
    @leeCal High 5 to you! A productive afternoon there  :)

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    So today i got out in the shed and made a couple off Halloween props for a friends Halloween party, pretty pleased with them, bit gruesome but thats what he wanted, if anyone wants to see they are in the kaleidoscope art thread, in for the night now  back out there tomorrow hopefully, its a big deal to me getting out there my anxiety usually gets the better of me, but i beat it today
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    @Grinchy Go you!! It sounds like you had a good day and kept that anxiety at bay.  I will go have a peep in the kaleidoscope thread at what you made.  Are you a fan of halloween?

Does anyone have any goals for today or are we all taking it easy because it's Sunday?  :D

• leeCal
    Options
    I’m trying to convince someone to accompany me on a car ride today, I especially want to try out my new screenwasher! ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness