Hi, my name is timis2! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is timis2!

timis2
timis2 Community member Posts: 29 Listener
edited October 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi I was awarded stardard rate living component and enchanced rate mobility of pip in feb 2017..due to mix up with universal credit I am now finally on esa..can I back date my severe disabily premium to feb 2019 .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Are you saying that you were previously claiming UC and now you're claiming Income Related ESA? Or is it New style ESA you're claiming?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @timis2

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Its great to see that you have already meet my good friend 
    @poppy123456

She will be able to help you with your post.

@steve51
  • timis2
    timis2 Community member Posts: 29 Listener
    Yes she was very helpful.. hope fully been put on right benefit now x 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    You were always on the correct benefit but you just haven't been assessed for the work capability assessment. There's no other benefits that you can claim other than New style ESA and UC but there's no financial gain when you're claiming them both at the same time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @timis2 I hope this Thursday is treating you well.

I've popped this post on our PIP, DLA and AA board to helps others who might have the same question in the future :)

Take care and let us know if you have any other questions.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.