Help with pip - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with pip

2»

Comments

• Julia9092
    Julia9092 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi everyone just fought I would let ya no I got enhanced care and low mobility so glad it’s over. Do I need to tell universal credit or do I automatically get moved over to lcwra? Thank you for ur help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Julia9092 said:
    Hi everyone just fought I would let ya no I got enhanced care and low mobility so glad it’s over. Do I need to tell universal credit or do I automatically get moved over to lcwra? Thank you for ur help 

Hi,

That's great news. I'm afraid that claiming PIP doesn't automatically entitle you to LCWRA because they are 2 completely different benefits, with different criteria. For LCWRA then you'll need to send fit notes from your GP.

You can put a note on your journal but it won't affect your UC unless you're under 35 and claiming for help with your rent. If you're claiming UC with a partner then your partner can claim the carers element of UC if they look after you for at least 35 hours per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    What a relief @Julia9092 :) Thanks for letting us know. I hope Poppy's advice about LCWRA has been useful? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for the update @Julia9092 - & congratulations! :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Biggest congratulations @Julia9092
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.