Hi, my name is Red54! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Red54!

Red54
Red54 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Family try to help. After a period of Time they begin to talk for you. Or enter conversations with Social Services and hold conversations about you then start accepting Social service proposals without any discussion with yourself.  Then all organisations believe your not able or allowed to make decisions for yourself.  Then Social Services approach your family to contact your doctor with them and try to have you sectioned  and unable to enter an option that would be listened too.  This is what happened to myself in March their also working on my older sibling now, saying I'm making dangerous decisions. Basically decisions that Social Services don't agree with. Yes the decisions do leave me in precarious positions physically, however my mental health and physical disabilities are kept on an an even keel if managed ? my way. In the long term; I'm aware its to dangerous to continue past a couple of days. There are other options I'm sure.... but  Domiciliary care has been proven not to work and generally leaves me in the catatonic state after a few days...... Where do we go from here?

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Red54 and thank you for telling us your story.

I can't begin to understand how it feels to have your autonomy and decision-making questioned and eroded.  I'm sorry you are going through this  :(

If you are comfortable to, could you explain a little more about your current living and care arrangements so our online community members can offer support.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • pieeter
    pieeter Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    I miss having a girlfriend I miss kissing and cuddling and making love it's lonely I really want to meet someone 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @pieeeter I suggest you start your own post rather than tag onto somebody else post on a different subject 

You will get a better response that way 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Red54 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. I'm sorry for what you've experienced, & how it's made you feel. As Cher says, perhaps we could offer more support if you wouldn't mind saying about your care & living situation, if you're OK with that. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Red54 welcome on board glad you have joined 

Your situation is a difficult one and tbh I dont know what you can do next 

Maybe worth contacting an organisation like MInd or the samaritans for advice 
  • Red54
    Red54 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I live alone, in a one bed bungalow with my cat and dog. I require assistance dressing. Preparation of food. All domestic/household chores, Taking medz, I forget to eat/drink etc. I have a carer mon-fri 09.00-16.00 and 20.00-22.00 weekends is undertaken by family. Some hours i pay, social pay and voluntary. I've hardly left the Property in four years. I've a number of disabilities and illnesses.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Red54 - thank you for replying. Sorry for more questions, but obviously there have been problems with your family not letting you speak for yourself, but do you also have problems with your carers? It sounds like you understandably want to be in control of your life, but what is too 'dangerous to continue past a couple of days?' Also have you considered what the other options you mention might be?
    It's great you have some pets (I have a very mischievous cat), as they do help when you are unable to get out. I rarely get out, but to be virtually housebound for so long like yourself can't be easy.
    So, what are your main problems?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Red54! I'm sorry to hear you've been having a difficult time. Hopefully you'll be able to get some of the advice and support you need here :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness