Does anyone know about pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone know about pip

lecount
lecount Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Sorry if this is a stupid question. 

PIP closed my claim and won’t consider my form because my form was late getting back to them. I’ve looked through and can’t find any guidance saying they should do this (only that they do often).

Is this their actual policy? Can I challenge it? Does anyone know anything that could help me challenge it? 

I’d really like them to consider the form I already sent rather than have to start it all again. 

Thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 
    .as far as I know that is how it works you are given a deadline to send them back 

You can call and ask for an extension but if you hadn't done that then yes they close the claim 

I'm not sure it you can contest this but sure other members will know 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    HI,

How late were you returning the form? Was this a first time claim and when did they close your claim? Also what was the reason why you were late returning it?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lecount
    I was 5 days late uploading it. My friend was meant to for me as I don’t have a laptop and couldn’t sign it on my phone and she didn’t come and I can’t go out any where. It was hard enough getting it all done online it’s a stupid system I would much rather had a proper form.

Am I better just making a new claim? 
  • lecount
    I don’t know if I have a case for “good reason”? 
    I couldn’t send it without her help (I also didn’t have internet at the time as my data had finished for the month and couldn’t afford to top up) but won’t they just say I should have called and told them? 
    I know I should have but I get so overwhelmed and worried about confrontation and was too scared they’d tell me off. I always just bury my head in the sand with things like this, I can’t help it. I always just mess things up
  • lecount
    Am I better just to make a new claim?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    When did this claim actually start?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.