Tens for knee pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tens for knee pain

Options
TylaGismo2
TylaGismo2 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hiya I've been suffering from knee pain that's literally taken my ability to walk, my team and I are looking into the cause, but the pain has been unbearable even with codeine and ice and other painkillers 
I've been looking at tens machines as a last resort to see if that'll help
I just wanted to ask if anyone uses tens machines for pain and if it helps 
Or if anyone specifically uses it on their legs 

Thank you!!

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @TylaGismo2 :) It's great to have you on board. I'm sorry that you're in so much pain, but it sounds like you have a supportive medical team around you. 

I don't have any personal experience of tens machines, but hopefully some of our other members will have done! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TylaGismo2, we're not medical professionals, but from personal experience it does really help me.

I have cerebral palsy which does affect my legs, as well as a chronic pain condition which isn't fully managed by medication.

I also find epsom salts amazing to put in the bath and use a portable TENS machine for bad days or when I'm out and about.

Hope this helps. :)
    Scope

• TylaGismo2
    Options
    I may have to give it a shot then!
    Because my leg and knee pain is so bad right now I cannot get in and out of my bath ? but I'll keep that in mind for when I'm feeling better! 

But if you think it'd be worth a shot there's no harm in trying! ? Thank you!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    No problem @TylaGismo2! If you can't get into the bath, magnesium spray is a good alternative. I hope it helps. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome I just wanted to say hello and hope you get some relief from your pain

Let us know if the tens machine works
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TylaGismo2 - & welcome to the community from me too. I have used a TENS machine before, but that was for back pain.
    Something I know some people use is a hemp based Arnica cream, based on natural products. The one I've seen mentioned the most is the 'ruby' one (Rose Geranium + Bay Laurel) especially those in a twist Tube. You can get small pots, but they are really small. Please see: https://www.fiddlerselbowgrease.co.uk/arnica-feg-balm     & https://www.fiddlerselbowgrease.co.uk/arnica-feg-balm/arnica-hemp-balm---vegan-30ml-tube
    I've had free sample pots of their hemp balm before, but tend to give them away to other people that have pain!
    The person that started this up was a violinist, hence the name 'Fiddler's Elbow Grease,' but she had to stop due to fibromyalgia. This product might be an option for you. :)

• TylaGismo2
    Options
    Hiya thank you for the warm welcome

I have tried many CBD and hemp products the past few weeks and unfortunately they've not done much for me at all due to the intensity of the pain I'm in I feel like they'd probably work on a regular fibro day but at the moment this knee pain is too much ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    I'm sorry things haven't helped @TylaGismo2, has it been affecting your sleep?
    Scope

Brightness