My goal today - Page 23 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cress I am sorry to hear that it must be so heart breaking.

I dont get to see my mum much buy I call her every week , but it doesnt work both ways my mum has only ever called me twice in the 12 years since my dad assed away, I just get on with it and make sure I maintain contact
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    This is it @janer1967 try to keep telling myself it's not a judgement on me...and be grateful when I do hear from him...
    I admire you for maintaining contact with your mum, when it seems so one sided...that cant be easy either..
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    I can imagine that's hard @leecal @Cress. I'm not quite that bad, but it is sometimes easy to see a message and think 'I'll deal with that later' and then forget for a while. I'd definitely try not to think of it as a personal thing, but I can see that's how it'd come across.

I'll endeavour to be better at replying! That's my new goal. We can ignore the fact I still haven't bought that clothes horse :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    @janer1967 the restaurant was called Blackfriars and wasn’t a Michelin restaurant but has been given some prestigious awards. My son reckons it won’t be long before they are awarded a star. So, oops, but it felt looked and tasted for all the world like a Michelin start restaurant to me! It was a few years ago too. 

(It is recommended by Michelin)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    Thanks does that mean you managed to contact your son @leeCal
  • leeCal
    Yes @janer1967 I must have caught him unawares!  Funny thing, straight after another son phoned and then my daughter! It’s been that sort of day since my sister called round this morning as well. Weird or what.

its nice to catch up though. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    Like the saying goes you wait hours for a bus then try all turn up at once 

@leeCal a good day for you 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal - Glad you got the name of the restaurant. Blackfriars, rather than Monks.....you've been playing too many word association games on here! Newcastle is an amazing place, where I lived from nearly 5 until aged 22 years old.
    Pleased you've heard from your sons & daughter, as well as seeing your sister. :)
  • leeCal
    Thanks @chiarieds ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Any goals for today?  Mine is to buy my cats a new litter tray as I accidentally dropped on a bin on their existing one yesterday and it broke.  Don't ask!  Also, I think I'm going to treat the youngest cat to a biscuit dispenser  :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    edited October 2020
    I like spreadsheets very much, so I might try to design one to analyse a string of numbers. That probably sounds far easier than it is because the numbers will be pseudo random. Why would I’d o such a thing I hear you ask, or was it an echo? The reason why is because pseudo random numbers turn up in the strangest places and I like those places.

or I could just write a Christmas card list. I think the latter would be far easier but not much of a challenge. 
    Or I could read about Buddhism some more. Hmm, choices, choices. ?

ill read first. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    What did you decide on in the end @leeCal? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    Hi @Ross_Scope thanks for asking, I decided to read more about Buddhism, I’m reading a little at a time because it can be complicated. 

A son has promised me an Apple MacBook which he doesn’t use anymore and that would be better to do spreadsheets on than my tablet. So I’ll wait for that to come.

i did buy some Christmas cards today though, really nice ones, so good you could cut them out and hang them in a frame on the wall. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    I have some audiobooks saved about Buddhism @leeCal, I'm glad you find it so interesting, it's wetting my appetite to start the books :) Thanks for the tip about reading a bit at a time, I'll keep that in mind.

A Macbook sounds amazing, will it also make browsing the community easier for you? As well as the spreadsheets of course :D 

And those cards seem lovely, would love to see a picture of them!

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    My goal for today is to get out for a Sunday drive :)

What about everyone else?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    To pot up the last of my pansies & violas, but I wish it wasn't so damp outside! Hope everyone has a good Sunday, & you enjoy your drive @66Mustang :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hope you both enjoy doing those things @66Mustang and @chiarieds :) 

It's quite cold today!

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @chiarieds and @Ross_Scope and good luck @chiarieds with the gardening :)

Yes it is quite cold today!
  • leeCal
    edited October 2020
    Hi @Ross_Scope, the MacBook should make it easier to surf generally and of course on the community. I don’t know when it will arrive though, hopefully in the next couple of weeks or so. It’s mostly for spreadsheets though, I might keep it unconnected from the Internet entirely. I have an old blackberry which I don’t connect at all and I’m happy that all my data and info on that is safe. Not all apparatus needs to be connected to the internet in my opinion. 

the cards are lovely but it seems wrong to show them online for a couple of reasons, so I’ll resist the temptation if you don’t mind. 
    They are by Ling and if you google them and look you can see images of quite a few of their cards, very pretty.
    Tis nippy today when the clouds come over, definitely autumn.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    @leeCal

Hopefully it arrives soon and you enjoy using it, have you had a Macbook before? 

And yeah of course that's fine, I'll have a Google and check them out!

Brightness